Where is the hatch?

The Muel

I was 17 days in my last run and had used everything, so I was sure I would have to abandon the hope for the 20-day achievement, when I stumbled into the Prepper Cache. It was the smaller one, but still had enough supplies for 3 days, so 21 days in total that time. The Cache was near the Unnamed Pond, uphill and a little way towards the Trapper's Homestead.

In general, I'd say some climbing is a good idea when trying to find the Cache as in all videos where I've seen people find it, it has always been up somewhere, often within sight of the rock wall that forms the border of this area. Although my method is to not try to find it, just trust that I'll come across it occasionally.

I found the cache!

I was on day 28, and things were looking bleak. While I had a food stockpile, and water, tools were wearing down. My hatchet had broke, and my rifle was at 10%. Gathering wood with my bare hands was not keeping up with my wood demands.

I needed wood and meat, so I went outside. Instead of staying close to home I decided to wander, hoping I might stumble across an unlooted corpse, or metal box, or somesuch. I decided to take the frozen river out of Mystery Lake towards the Dam. I said to myself, I've never really explored the hills here. So climbing up the small ridgeline on the right of the river, looking down on the most northern (?) ice-fishing hut to my right, I saw a hatch as I came to the cliffs!

I dropped down into the hatch, and much to my delight spotted not one, but two hatchets. And 90% condition too! And Quality Tools! And Antibiotics! I had so much loot I stumbled back to the Lake Office and collapsed, exhausted.

That really saved my bacon. I was able to chop a bunch of wood, including Fir which was needed to fix the rifle! And the Antibiotics were literally a lifesaver!

So far I am on Day 41 now, mostly because the two hatchets kick-started wood foraging and allowed me to fix up my degrading tools.

I just found the 6th unreported location. I am so stoked right now. I tweeted about it, and took some screen shoots of it. It was very hard to find this one, and took me like 3 days in RT to find the dam thing lol. I can not up load the pics, because the limit on here is 2Mb, and when I take a screen shoot normal (Non high res) it is 2.11Mb, so unsure how to upload it at this time. I will however upload them once I figure it out.

Guess im missing something, scrolled back through a weeks worth on twitter didnt see any pictures of the hatch, bunker, cache, whatever its called.

I even searched your twitter feed for all those combos of words to. Stumped.

I went around the map and checked once again, for maybe the fifth time the other known and posted locations. But i don't know six of them. Can you describe or post coordinates? I'm about to toss the mouse at the wall and uninstall the game im so frustrated. Seriously think my map doesnt have it.

I checked across the tracks and up the hill from the camp office.. NOPE

Up the hill from the clear cut along the rocks.. NOPE

Up the hill from the loggers camp.. NOPE

On the ridge between the Trappers Homestead and the Unnamed Pond.. NOPE

Whats the fifth and sixth locations?

Thats not an unknown one by the description of your location, that would be the one by the unnamed pond, if you have debug check the coordinates. Should be -41/606

If those are not the coordinates of the one you found please post the coordinates. I know six locations for sure now after another one was discovered on the steam forums, but i want to VERIFY that the one you found is the unnamed pond bunker that was found last week.

Thats not an unknown one by the description of your location, that would be the one by the unnamed pond, if you have debug check the coordinates. Should be -41/606

If those are not the coordinates of the one you found please post the coordinates. I know six locations for sure now after another one was discovered on the steam forums, but i want to VERIFY that the one you found is the unnamed pond bunker that was found last week.

Your at the wrong location.. I will try to give better detail again. Here goes....

You leave the Camp Office walk towards the Lake cabins across Mystery lake 3/4 of the way across on your right hand side over by the shore line, you will kind of see a path that leads up the side of the mountain, it's kind of blocked with pine trees, but it's there. It's pretty step hill to climb, but follow along the rock and you will see it if it spawned in that spot. If you look at the current map ( Use this map here http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/ ... =320401538 ) and draw a straight line from Camp Office to tunnel collapse to Lake cabins on mystery lake, it makes kind of a triangle behind the Camp Office. Also concordance is The bunker is located around the middle part of that triangle. Here are the concordance (Lake Region/1176.9 93.3 111.9) I Hope this helps everyone, and please let me know if ya found it. Also if you re-post the info please give credit were it's due thank you.

Cheer's mate.

Archived