Steam ratings

Hotzn

Am I mistaken, or have TLD's Steam ratings gone up since the Autumn sale started? Interesting, isn't it? I have been watching those ratings for quite a while now, wondering what exactly influences them, and how. The "recent" Steam ratings had slipped down to 89% before the sale started, if I saw that correctly. I thought that was because more and more people were disappointed with the delay of story mode. Now I am thinking that maybe the majority of the "not recommended"-ratings from before the sale might have stemmed from players who have had the game in their libraries for a while. If that was correct, then new buyers might be the ones to rate the game more positive than the average game owner. So putting the game on sale could have influenced the ratings, making them go up again.

Just my thoughts. If anyone would like to discuss, please chime in. Anyway, Hinterland needs to deliver story mode one day to keep the reviews from going back to slipping and sliding after the sale, if my theory is correct.

Another thought: The delay of story mode has likely raised expectations out there. This might be a dilemma, as obviously Hinterland will want to meet or - if at all possible - exceed expectations. Which in turn could cause... well... more delay. Interesting. Whatever, I'm sure I'll love the story when it comes out! :)

Archived