Bear issues at Unnamed Bond

Niskavuori

Hi;

Today, at Sandbox, I was loitering around the Unnamed Bond. I started hearing a very odd noise; It was bear -sounds, but on loop. And suddenly the bear materialized out of thin air just in front of me. I got totally mauled. After recovered I ran few steps towards the shooting platform there, turned around, and shot towards the bear. One shot kill!

My questions; Is bear supposed to materialized just like that? And shouldn't they take at least several shots to be killed? Or was I just extremely lucky?
Thanks, for new rug anyway!

To your first question, no they shouldn't. They do that sometimes though especially around their caves. I went into a bear cave one time, no bear anywhere. I turned around after walking a few yards inside and he spawned right there. I ended up hiding in the way back with a flare lit trying to keep him away. To your second question, yes it usually takes multiple shots or you have to wait for them to bleed out. You can hit them in a sweet spot though. It's around their left eye or the left side of their snout where you can get them in one shot. It's similar with dear except it's not. With dear, if you hit them in the front half of their body they are likely to die while a shot to the back half of their body will leave them alive but bleeding. Just like the waist up, a human is more likely to die from a bullet than below the waist.

Thanks Hazardous,

So there might be something buggy with that bear... 
I was just admiring  the other day that shooting a deer is quite accurate. Some of my cousins are enthusiastic elk hunters, and I have heard from them, that head shot an elk, deer or moose is actually not a good thing. You are supposed to shoot them into the hart. Which is on the left side, Near the area where neck and front legs join the main body. 

Archived