Greetings!

Weevl

Hey everyone,

New to the game but am definitely enjoying the concept so far. I know the game definitely draws in a lot of survival minded individuals who are also probably looking for as much realism as possible in this kind of setting so it's cool to see this particular niche being served. :)

About me: Have spent basically my entire lifetime engaged in outdoors activities, the past 10 years or so with a large interest in survival. I spent roughly a year training to be a survival instructor in TX and the PAC NW as well. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm the most qualified individual ever, but I'd be more than happy to provide input on what I'd consider to be both realistic and reasonable to work into a game engine upon request- though I'm sure you all get tons of input you already have to sift through.

Thanks for the game so far! It's definitely got great play value, especially for an Alpha. Let me know if there's anything I can do for the community. Cheers!

Hi Weevl, nice to meet you! You're sort of a survival expert, that will come in handy ingame! And feedback, sharing of thoughts and ideas is very much appreciated on this forum, so I'll be keeping my eye out for all your advise. Might keep me alive once for longer then 4 days, lol.

@robdoar aside from a merit badge when I was like... 14 in PA (lol, super valuable class but still sounds dorky with "merit-badge" in front of it), everything has been military courses (and even the merit badge was run by a Ranger and once civilian who does research in Antarctica seasonally). While I was in WA/ID it was Basic Aircrew survival courses and then the instructor side of things, so 3 weeks of classroom/day trips, then 1-1.5 weeks of field each month from Jun-Mar until I switched career tracks.

For @Sioux my best advice is if they add rabbits to the game, BEAT EM OVER THE HEAD AND SUCK THEIR EYEBALLS FROM THEIR SKULL!! That was a pretty common sentiment in all my classes... Also make sure it's done in front of a member of PETA... though we only had one PETA member around that I was aware of.

For @Sioux my best advice is if they add rabbits to the game, BEAT EM OVER THE HEAD AND SUCK THEIR EYEBALLS FROM THEIR SKULL!! [...]

Haha, lol. I just tried that trick with a wolf that attacked me, but it didn't work on him. He just ripped me to pieces and I died again...

Archived