My opinion

Brenladais

Hi everyone, first of all please excuse my bad english, I'm not.

But I really want to write a few words about this game.

I don't really know where to begin : Congratulations !

You designers made a really good job for now, you have to keep it in this way.

Right now, for me, you create the ONE and ONLY real survival game, let me explain why :

In most of "survival" game, you have to play with a lot (or not) zombies, with a lot og bug and with a lot of frustration because those devs wants to add a lot of parts, but finally broke the game. (No I don't want to talk about DayZ or H1N1...).

Not in TLD, you play with survival rudiments, you just have to think about eat, drink, sleep, repeat...

But to do this, hard will be the way, face to the element, wind, snow, wolves and much better...

For me The Long Dark, is for now the best survival game because the scene takes place in Canada, in the snow (and I love snow), for my fist run, I survived 2 days and a few hours... And I was so proud of me !

Many I said in my head "It's over, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I'm freezing, let him go..." And surprise ! An house just right there ! This made my day ! A lot of water, food, a rifle... Perfect kit for hunting !

Let's try this ! A deer in my bullseye, SHOT ! Damn it, is very fast... so I ran after him spending a lot of calories and freezing a little more each pace I do. Finally I get it. (Bear Grylls, watch your back)

What a satisfaction to return to the house and make a sweet fire to cook a bit... "Home sweet home" while the wind blow outside...

By the way the sound track is amazing, really, the wind sound is amazing, I let you hear when you go in a cave... Wonderfull.

The Cel-shading is absolutely beautifull. Nothing to add. Ok just one thing then : Lights effect... especially indoor are magnificient.

To conclude, congrats' again, you made a game where the objective is simple : Survive in a realistic world, with no frills, just the base of survival, and I admire that.

I began to desesperate to play one day a game like that, I was thinking it was too hard to made a game without zombies...

Thank you for made it reality.

(Hope you will understand what I want to say, and I really like to have your reaction)

Many I said in my head "It's over, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I'm freezing, let him go..." And surprise ! An house just right there ! This made my day !

One of my first runs was like that. I was gladly going to the house when a wolf appeared from the right and killed me xD

Archived