The Long Dark Event — 4 Days of Night!

Admin

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, gnarf said:

Hello, does this demon wolves thing mean you are moveing away from "realistic" to just like all the other games with zombies and creatures of fantasy and all this?

Only for Halloween. However, the wolves are still kinda gamey to begin with cause they spawn to guard loot and respawn quickly.

Theyre agressive because of the Event, however. So that has a reason backing their behavior.

8 hours ago, gnarf said:

Hello, does this demon wolves thing mean you are moveing away from "realistic" to just like all the other games with zombies and creatures of fantasy and all this?

No, not at all. And we already concede the Wolf behavior in The Long Dark shouldn't be taken as a 1:1 match with wolves in "real life."

As we said in the announcement this is an experiment, and something we hope the community has fun with. I wouldn't use it as a predictor of any changes coming to the "standard" game. (Other than if it works out well for the community, we'd like to stage some more Events down the road!) :durbear::coffee:

43 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Other than if it works out well for the community, we'd like to stage some more Events down the road!) :durbear::coffee:

Excellent. A bountiful Canadian Thanksgiving perhaps? :winky:

What I'm most curious about is our character burning her hand when she goes to pick up the pie in the trailer. Is it a fun addition or a hint at the new cooking mechanic? ^_^

I'm excited :) Those little special things added once in a while are really good, maybe they can also give the devs some opportunity to relax and do something more "silly" without the fear of having it in stone for long time.

5 hours ago, cekivi said:

What I'm most curious about is our character burning her hand when she goes to pick up the pie in the trailer. Is it a fun addition or a hint at the new cooking mechanic? ^_^

I'd like to know what's going on there too! And i wonder how she cooked it.... The fire's still in the oven! :D 

Sam

14 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

No, not at all. And we already concede the Wolf behavior in The Long Dark shouldn't be taken as a 1:1 match with wolves in "real life."

As we said in the announcement this is an experiment, and something we hope the community has fun with. I wouldn't use it as a predictor of any changes coming to the "standard" game. (Other than if it works out well for the community, we'd like to stage some more Events down the road!) :durbear::coffee:

thank you.

im very excited for this, especially after being away from this game for the past week or so :D sitting here counting down ;)

that being said, i LOVE the idea of holiday events! i demand a turkey hunt for thanksgiving. and reindeer, santa clothes and fruitcake for christmas xD

The Four Days of Night Event is now Live!

One note for Xbox One players--depending on your region of the world, it can take some additional time for the update to reach you, but it will!

And feel free to share videos, screenshots, fan creations, and anything else from your dark adventure in the appropriate sub-forum so we can all take a look. :)

Have fun and good luck this weekend everyone!

Haha, Interloper with perma-night is certainly fun. It is, however, unexpectedly relaxing if you don't have to worry about the time of day any more. Really like the new experience so far, although I have yet to see what's so demonic about the wolves now.^^

23 minutes ago, underthetrees said:

Great. Really looking forward to trying this out.

+1 for in-game events tied to the calendar. perpetual light or dark on the solstices, light snow all Christmas week, etc, etc.

Hey underthetrees, welcome to the forums! Yep, we're switching things up somewhat this weekend. Who can say no to pie? :)

22 minutes ago, willski said:

Sorry, but I hate this... or at least the fact that it's mandatory.  Taking away player choice is ALWAYS a bad move.  Can you please make this optional?

Hi willski, thanks for letting us know how you feel. We appreciate it. And this is really an experiment. We'll be looking at all the notes and feedback from players going forward.

And welcome to the forums, by the way. Great that you've joined us. :coffee:

Trying to resume my current Hunted Bear Part II. This in game darkness seems fun until I step out of the cabin, and -32 Celsius smacks me during what is day time. I usually try to wait until the day has 8hrs left, to get better weather... but eesh it seems its still deep freeze mode. Does this darkness also bring a deep freeze challenge? With limited resources available in this challenge mode, it seems I am going to luck out play this event and wont be able to do so for the next four days? I wish I could opt out, I just want to play regular. Perhaps I will push through darkness and all, don't want to be a nag either. The bear in the Hunted Part II is also just waiting outside like love sick puppy...

Archived