The Long Dark Event — 4 Days of Night!

Admin

4daysofNightWebsiteImage.thumb.jpg.a5b8c

This Halloween, we're trying something a little different in The Long Dark -- an in-game event we're calling, Four Days of Night.

This is a bit of an experiment to see how the community feels about in-game events that are built around a specific theme. Since it's Halloween, we're having a bit of light-hearted fun.

In Four Days of Night, you'll experience:

* Perpetual darkness -- the sun will not rise
* Light sources (ex. Lanterns) last twice as long as usual
* Demon wolves
* Strategically located Pumpkin Pies with Warming and Wildlife Deterrent capabilities!
* High-calorie value snacks in Candy Bowls
* Jack-O-Lanterns that mark the location of rare Loot

NOTE: These gameplay changes will apply to all in-progress Sandbox and Challenge games. If you are concerned about losing progress, we recommend you start new Sandbox sessions if you want to participate in Four Days of Night.

The Four Days of Night event starts Friday, October 28th, at 10AM PDT, and ends Tuesday, November 1st, at 10AM PDT.

Good luck, and we hope you enjoy it!

- The Hinterland Team

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my goodness this might be one of the craziest yet funnest things ever!! Yeah BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

*EDIT* you guys should add in some holiday related textures, like for halloween your character could be zombified and your hatchet could have blood stains or something, and for christmas make the rifle have candy cane drawings and/or colors

Awesome, thanks for doing this for us, can't wait for the event to start :love: But why make it mandatory? I will certainly start a new game in Voyageur or Stalker for this but it's a pitty that I have to put my Interloper aside for the weekend, four days of perpetual darkness are not really an option when my only firestarting source is a Magnifying Glass 9_9

I love the idea. It's a great way to have some lighthearted fun and do some experimenting at the same time. Sometimes, a little humour in all the grim darkness can really make a game better!

Nice reversal of roles though. Most games add zombies and fear and isolation into their Halloween event.

The Long Dark has so much fear and isolation as it is they give us pumpkin pie and candy instead!

(And demon wolves but we already know the wolves in this game are already terrors .):ninja: 

4 hours ago, Felli said:

I love the idea. It's a great way to have some lighthearted fun and do some experimenting at the same time. Sometimes, a little humour in all the grim darkness can really make a game better!

Nice reversal of roles though. Most games add zombies and fear and isolation into their Halloween event.

The Long Dark has so much fear and isolation as it is they give us pumpkin pie and candy instead!

(And demon wolves but we already know the wolves in this game are already terrors .):ninja: 

Can you put this in your story...

Archived