Stupidest way you have died

starfighter441

• 2 weeks later...

A bear killed me, but I shouldn't have died.  

I was walking the shore of mystery lake by the cabins, as I came around a rock there was a bear, i tried to shoot it with my riffle but still got mauled.  After the fight as i came too I saw the bear walking away from me I picked up the riffle and fire another shot that only seemed to make it mad. it turned and charged me and i got off two more shots and it dropped right in front of me.

I was so excited that i killed a bear I just had to take a picture  (screen shot) and while doing so I bled out...

I  now use that screen shot as my screen saver (and its not a great picture) as a reminder Bandage first Pictures after

the bear.jpg

• Upvote 4

stalker run that was going quite swell. Just looted lower Carter Dam full of goodies, waiting to kill a few hours in the early morning at the trailers just outside the Dam. Went for a quick nap outdoors and thought "I'm probably gonna freeze to death" just as I clicked Sleep button. lo and behold I wake up 5hrs later with hypothermia and few pixels of life bar. start a fire. dies.

• 5 months later...

One I look back and cringe on is this:

I started in Desolation Point in Pilgrim, starting in the lighthouse. I was aiming for the Faithful Cartographer so I had it on the easiest level in order to do so.

I headed out after grabbing what I could, going to get to the church when a murder of crows distracted me. I could have found an easy way down to the deer carcass on the Frozen ice below the lighthouse, but being a newbie, I tried to mountain goat down the side of the rocky wall. I got stuck before the ground above had left my view. 

Having no other option, I jumped. 

I died instantly

On 11/6/2019 at 4:32 AM, KinoUnko said:

stalker run that was going quite swell. Just looted lower Carter Dam full of goodies, waiting to kill a few hours in the early morning at the trailers just outside the Dam. Went for a quick nap outdoors and thought "I'm probably gonna freeze to death" just as I clicked Sleep button. lo and behold I wake up 5hrs later with hypothermia and few pixels of life bar. start a fire. dies.

Why would you sleep outside when there 6 beds inside the trailer? Some challenge?🙂

• 4 months later...

At the last rope to twm summit, red energy stat. I was like ok, just stop on the ledge, it'll be fine.

It was not.

I fell, taking most of my condition, then I tripped over a rock and died of 'massive internal injuries after falling'

It was the first time I ever came that close, but i have since managed to make it all the way up.

• 5 months later...

I had just learned how to play the game properly, and after surviving 96 days divided by: ML, CH and DP in that order, i had just crafted my moose hide satchel and a bunch of arrows. So i decided to go to bleak inlet so i could craft some bullets but when i arrived to ravine i realized i was encumbered so i couldn't climb down the rope so i tried to drop some items down but i got instant killed on a cliff side. 

I've been trying my luck with a 30 day Deadman challenge. I was having an epic run. Had a bedroll, clothes, bow, all the tools needed for survival and lots of health. Day 29 before going to bed, I received a food poisoning. Oh well, I'm next to the bed right before scheduled sleep, just need to take a drink of water, take my pills and go to bed. I took a sip of water and.... went for an 8h chunk of sleep without the medicine.

😱

Edited by tulkawen
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Before I knew about sleeping in places without a bed/bedroll (IE cars) as I didn’t know the optioned appeared in those places in the wheel, I got trampled by a moose in AC, wandered to TWM on zero sleep as I lost my roll. Couldn’t continue on down the rope with busted ribs so thought about the snow shelter.

Made one, got in and looked for the “bed” to click and rest but saw nothing. Frustrated, I get out, try to goat down the rope cliff and die the second I step off.

Was my first run, felt stupid I hadn’t looked into that mechanic. I think it was only when I saw a post here about sleeping in cars I looked into it 🙄

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/16/2016 at 12:56 PM, cekivi said:

Ouch @starfighter441 :crosseye:

My worst was clipping through the trestle bridge in the ravine back when I first started playing. I was so terrified of it happening again that I used to crawl across the entire bridge!

Is that what happen, I thought the bridge had a hole in it. I was doing well until I tried to move across that bridge and died. I have yet to go back.

I saw something that was brown right beside the road and being curious I investigated. Brown thing turned out to be a sleeping bear, bad bear! That was on the boring map of Mountain Town.

The second was being mauled by a wolf and the wolf tag its team mate in, a bear. That really sucked. No time to run and since the developers did not put a jump command I was doomed.

Edited by foreverlost
Add second event.

For a while, I was starting in forlorn muskeg, looping to Broken Railroad, getting to the big cabin and then looping back around muskeg to Mystery Lake. I did this to take advantage of loot and getting 2 relatively dangerous areas done while i had animal immunity at start.  On my 8th try, i had a good run going,  got good loot, a storm lamp and revolver in the cave by the waterfall in FM, and was making good time to Broken Railroad. 

get to BR as a storm is rolling in, get to the fix yard and find a rope, i have a few hour of protection still, so I decide to go for it, i run to the ravine, loot it, and a blizzard rolls in. I loot the cars, condition dropping by the minute, but with 20 condition left, I reach the fix yard office. I’m going to get to the inner shed and sleep when I made my mistake. 

i saw a bag of jerky on the bench, so I naturally go to pick it up, lo and behold, it isnt jerky. I accidentally start breaking down tge metal bench in a blizzard, and even though I spam to abort, its too late. I had 5 condition left and I was dead by the time i stepped into the garage.

now THAT was dumb. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Man I played this game back in 2017-18 on my old man's computer. I just learned a couple months ago it came to console so I've been re-learning everything. Lost a 135 day first run on console (stalker) because I didn't know those red "ropes" in the dam are freaking wires that can go live during a light show emp 💀 rip 

• Like 1

other than falling off the train trestle, the first dumb death that comes to mind was one of my first Voyager runs. i got a fire going at the hunting blind on Mystery Lake to chop up the dead deer there. Blizzard came on and i couldn't find my way back to camp office in the snow. Died of....exposure.

dammit. i arrowed that wolf and even heard him croak when i was taking an hour to sleep but his chum got me as i was bringing back a few more quarters from my catch.

not terrible damage though, considering i left one bear skin coat at the cave in order to carry more.

image.thumb.png.0be3b5a7973199f9d5f582e2a80e39d5.png

• Upvote 1

to be fair though, i am not as worried about a loss of health (as long as it isn't life threatening) as i am loss of top end clothing.

anywho, i had some cloth on me so i repaired my pants and undies. i killed the 3 rabbits that were close so i will have to wait for their coats to cure before i can repair my shredded hat and gloves.

still, all in all a big success. That was a heavy deer. 44 KG, plus coat and 12 guts, all cooked up like Emeril.