Water & Bottles

Vortex

Where exactly does our survivor get all those bottles from?

I think a key part of what makes the game too easy is that you can stockpile too much water. Today I had so much reclaimed wood I decided to start a 12 hour session of fire and made a 20 litre cache of potable water, and out of nowhere came twenty 1 litre bottles to store them. I don't have to worry about water for a whole 10 days at least.

Too easy, too accessible.

I suggest what the game should have are water sacks, like what I have attached. They can be found in the maps as a rare spawn and/or crafted with leathers. Maybe throw in some slow durability decay? Give them a capacity of about 3 litres or so - no need to change the weights. And there will then be a hard limit on how much stockpiling of water you can do. It also won't break immersion with the bottle generation.

414YAE3ReaL._SY450_.jpg

17 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Yup - I'm good for a hub where there is a Rainwater Tank - that's a good idea! Though it should have a chance to poison if you drink from it, the longer the water remains inside it.

would make better use of the water purification tablets no one uses!

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

and out of nowhere came twenty 1 litre bottles to store them.

Must be about ten trillion in existence.

Like the the idea of the crafted water sack though. Wonder what you could use before you crafted the sack or found a rainwater tank? Maybe you could spawn with a water sack.

5 hours ago, Vortex said:

I suggest what the game should have are water sacks, like what I have attached. They can be found in the maps as a rare spawn and/or crafted with leathers. Maybe throw in some slow durability decay? Give them a capacity of about 3 litres or so - no need to change the weights. And there will then be a hard limit on how much stockpiling of water you can do. It also won't break immersion with the bottle generation.

Could this be crafted from a pile of rabbit fur?

I would be all for it in this case ...

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎10 at 3:42 AM, nicko said:

good question atm we just boil water in thin air lol.

Shameless self promotion but I've favoured this idea :winky:

As it is, I'm OK with all of the bottles in the game. It is ridiculous how much plastic a household will go through. What I would like instead is either a penalty for boiling water (i.e. a mess kit is required) or having the bottles slowly freeze unless they're kept above freezing. To keep a bottle above freezing it would either need to be in a warm shelter (dynamic heating is a fun discussion) or close to your body (so a water bladder as suggested above). :winky:

Archived