Whoops, missed this section... umm, hello there!

levism84

Hello,

I'm Mike. I guess I sort of missed this part of the forum, so I am about 50 posts deep and just introducing myself. I'm from the Midwest, an Eagle Scout, and I do a bunch of fun stuff. I'm currently in my senior year at Western Illinois University, QC Campus, in the General Studies program focusing on Psychology, Sociology, and Nonprofit Administration. I facilitate a youth center for at-risk 13-19 year old teens, work for AmeriCorps in early childhood literacy (basically I read stories to 3-5 year old kids), and am currently working on two children's books (The Button Story, and Everyone in the World is Special but You).

Anyway, that is about all I got. Nice to meet you, great to know you, TLD is an awesome game, I'm out.

Everyone in the World is Special but You

A book more children could stand to have read to them, I think.

It is more for a middle childhood/adolescent audience than true early childhood, and it isn't as demotivational as it appears.

"Everyone in the world is special it seems, standing out from the crowd and living life to extremes. Everyone in the world is special but you, but I guess that makes you sort of special, too."

You've certainly made a splash--definitely putting my 3-day postcount to shame.

Yeah, sorry if I've been blowing up the message boards. I just got so excited about the game and wanted to know more and see what other people where feeling about it. So far it has been a pretty fun experience and the community has been very welcoming.

Everyone in the World is Special but You

A book more children could stand to have read to them, I think.

It is more for a middle childhood/adolescent audience than true early childhood, and it isn't as demotivational as it appears.

"Everyone in the world is special it seems, standing out from the crowd and living life to extremes. Everyone in the world is special but you, but I guess that makes you sort of special, too."

If you'll believe me, I wasn't being wholly cynical there: more along the lines of "yeah, I think emphasizing having empathy for other people & realizing you aren't the only person who matters is important."
Yeah, sorry if I've been blowing up the message boards. I just got so excited about the game and wanted to know more and see what other people where feeling about it. So far it has been a pretty fun experience and the community has been very welcoming.

Don't apologize! It's heartening/encouraging!

Archived