A bear. I wish for a bear.

levism84

I wish for a bear.

Now, not ALL the bears, mind you, just a special random spawn "I woke up from hibernation and am hungry as a bear" bear. Maybe a random cave spawns somewhere that would provide wonderful shelter and a few random goodies/frozen corpses, except for the fact a bear has already made it a home. You could have to shoot the bear like 5 times (or more!) to kill it, which would definitely put a huge dent in your offensive resources. Unlike the wolves, perhaps the bear stays close to its cave and won't hunt you down, so if you want you can easily avoid its territory.

No bear wrestling, at least not until I can use my knife or axe.

Bears typically don't wake from hibernation in midwinter. Also, .303 Brit is adequate bear medicine; nobody knows which Canadians have killed more of with .303s: Nazis or dinners. Place a .303 right and Yogi will go down...

Now hungry bears in the spring and fall episodes would be brilliant and realistic and since the game is set in the Rockies there'd be grizzlies, which would be alarming...

I don't know much about the Canadian wildlife in winter, maybe foxes with wintercoats? Owls live there in winter, do they?

Although the game isn't set north enough for Arctic Foxes, a normal Red Fox could be found. During the winter however they keep mostly to their dens and stay within a mile (1.6km) to 2 mile (3.2km) radius while hunting.

Owls are currently in the game. They cannot be seen, but can be heard at night!

Given the Canadian left coast location grouse, ptarmigan and other foul would be good (to EAT!) the rare Moose would be neat, coyotes are common, and bobcats and cougars that stalk you would also be awesome.

Anything smaller than a wolf I am not shooting at unless I can get a scope for my rifle... IF I get a rifle. I thought a moose would be awesome. It's like a deer, but it can kill you to death!

Bears would be nice. And other wildlife would be great too. I don't know much about the Canadian wildlife in winter, maybe foxes with wintercoats? Owls live there in winter, do they? Maybe this little fellow (pic), it's called an Ermine? He's cute :-)

There is an Owl in the game...1 Owl... and apparently it Hoots!! :shock: I've never found it, but Bill Tarling claims he has. :roll:

As for more wildlife, since they are planning on adding ice fishing, trapping and snaring, I think it's safe to say more wildlife is coming.

I think saving the bears for spring thaw and they are coming out of hibernation hungry would be something pretty cool to look forward to in the TLD sequel.

Given the Canadian left coast location grouse, ptarmigan and other foul would be good (to EAT!) the rare Moose would be neat, coyotes are common, and bobcats and cougars that stalk you would also be awesome.

Not to mention snowshoe hares and porcupines...

Stupid porcupine... there is a condition for you, "Quilled in the Freakin' Leg!" Requires bandages and pain killers to treat. Otherwise you are bleeding, limping, and cursing (cursing optional but recommended).

Not to mention snowshoe hares and porcupines...

Stupid porcupine... there is a condition for you, "Quilled in the Freakin' Leg!" Requires bandages and pain killers to treat. Otherwise you are bleeding, limping, and cursing (cursing optional but recommended).

Yup :)! Devs, please take note!

Archived