New afflictions

TarjaS

I've been thinking about possible afflictions and headache would be logical and could be cured with painkillers. Hunger can cause headache, so the chances of headache could go up the more calories go to minus. Headache could affect vision or just the condition percentage.

Also, alcohol has been suggested and if it was added, hangover could be possible, given that the player finds a full bottle and consumes it all at once. That would be logical as good condition and comfortable surroundings (warm cabin, enough food and water in store) could tempt you to drink it all. Of course there would have to be some initial reward for drinking it, followed by the punishment hours later.

Maybe the psychological aspects could come to play in this case. I think those have been mentioned before and I think adding moods and their effects would be great. That would probably be really complicated, because it would be a sort of a vicious circle where bad condition would launch desperation, which in turn could worsen the condition and so on. Happiness/relief of finding shelter and generally getting everything sorted at least for the moment could increase the condition improvement you get while resting or improve your chances of repair, foraging, etc.

Just some things I've been thinking. It's easy for me to say as I'm not the one who needs to figure out how to do all this ;-)

Also, alcohol has been suggested and if it was added, hangover could be possible, given that the player finds a full bottle and consumes it all at once.

If this was added, another plight from drinking alcohol would be an effect that is similar to what it looks like when dropping below 10% condition. Allow the player to choose an amount to drink. The more they drink, the worse it gets.

Fatigue could also go up quicker.

Archived