May we get some info about the story mode?

Resethel

Hello there.

For starters, I hope I won't bother you with my question, also, I'm not sure it fit on this forum so, if it doesn't, I'm sorry and may you please move this thread to the appropriate section? Thanks!

so for the actual question... It's quite simple actually, I'd like to know, if possible, how the developpement of the story mode is going (like 50%finished ? 60% 5%), and, if you're kind enough, an approximate time window for it's release!

if you can't (or won't) answer those questions, I perfectly understand your choicr ( and know i'm sorry)

Anyway, thanks for according a part of your time :)

8 minutes ago, Resethel said:

Hello there.

For starters, I hope I won't bother you with my question, also, I'm not sure it fit on this forum so, if it doesn't, I'm sorry and may you please move this thread to the appropriate section? Thanks!

so for the actual question... It's quite simple actually, I'd like to know, if possible, how the developpement of the story mode is going (like 50%finished ? 60% 5%), and, if you're kind enough, an approximate time window for it's release!

if you can't (or won't) answer those questions, I perfectly understand your choicr ( and know i'm sorry)

Anyway, thanks for according a part of your time :)

Thanks for your question!

While we can't speak to a particular "percentage-complete" number, the majority of the team is hard at work on Story Mode. At the same time, we're putting together Sandbox Updates as well. (we have a new Sandbox Update coming soon) 

We're also trying to be mindful of updating the community on Story Mode progress without spoiling anything. It's a balance.:coffee::)

2 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Thanks for your question!

While we can't speak to a particular "percentage-complete" number, the majority of the team is hard at work on Story Mode. At the same time, we're putting together Sandbox Updates as well. (we have a new Sandbox Update coming soon) 

We're also trying to be mindful of updating the community on Story Mode progress without spoiling anything. It's a balance.:coffee::)

If you have 3% condition and you talk to someone will you die in the cutscene?

2 hours ago, Rifleman said:

If you have 3% condition and you talk to someone will you die in the cutscene?

if youre at 3 percent condition, youd be too delirious to talk to anyone. in fact, youd probably try to attack them to grab their supplies when your wild survival instinct kicks in, being so close to death :P

17 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

if youre at 3 percent condition, youd be too delirious to talk to anyone. in fact, youd probably try to attack them to grab their supplies when your wild survival instinct kicks in, being so close to death :P

Or maybe you start hallucinating and that person looks suspiciously like a turkey drumstick, you know, like in cartoons :D (DISCLAIMER: Not arguing for cannibalism here)

As for the story mode, I am actually unsure if I am stoked for the actual story or the additional gameplay. The sandbox is the TLD I know and the TLD Iearned to love, even though it clearly hates me (looking at you, person who programmed movement patterns for bears. yeah, you.) On the one hand, I finally want answers to the questions that burns in us all and has regularly caused threads that had the mods on full alert: What in the world actually happened? On the other hand, I feel pretty fine writing my own stories in the sandbox.

But hey, I guess I'll take the middle ground here and just play both, considering that's what I paid for ;) 

oh yeah. silly me forgot to reply to the actual topic itself xD
as for the TOPIC -
i cant wait for story mode, and i'd definitely like some general info. nothing spoilery, of course, but stuff like progress updates, possible new maps, etc. the main reason i cant wait for the story mode, is the butt-load of new content that will come with it. survivors, geomagnetic events triggering purges in anything using electricity, spring, character model, the aurora, etc. however, im also pretty excited to learn about the specifics of the geomagnetic event, and the whole deal between will mackenzie and astrid greenwood. also very excited to meet all the story-specific survivors whom mackenzie will have interaction with. i expect them to be very creative, alive and interesting characters. in general, i cant wait for it.

Archived