Alternate sources for tinder / fuel

Hoseman143

So I've read where ppl have said that you should be able to destroy crates and furniture in cabins for wood, provided you have a hatchet - and I support this. In addition, we should be able to shred up paintings and take the posters off the walls and off of the bulletin boards as another source of tinder.

Also - if a single newsprint can be harvested into 3 tinder plugs...why can't a ROLL of newsprint (implying that there is actually more paper there) be harvested into maybe 5 tinder plugs?

Could be the impression I'm getting here...but when you tell me that I have "newsprint" I envision that I have the sports section, or the front page - a lot of paper, I grant you. When you tell me I have a "roll of newsprint", that indicates (to me) that I have the ENTIRE paper...which is far more paper for tender. Just a thought.

Again, I am loving this game, and loving what you guys are doing with it. Can't wait to see more

• 4 months later...

You already can forage inside a building. You get reclaimed wood this way. This represents furniture you break down etc. You can also get tinder plugs. These are made of combustible materials you find like posters etc. Would it be nice to see furniture and posters etc disappear? Sure, but that would be a lot of work to implement. Still, this may be done in the future.

Last time I checked, a newsprint yielded 2 tinder plugs and a roll of newsprint yielded 4. This may have changed with the last rounds of updates as it's been a while since I had the need for new tinder plugs.

Last time I checked, a newsprint yielded 2 tinder plugs and a roll of newsprint yielded 4. This may have changed with the last rounds of updates as it's been a while since I had the need for new tinder plugs.

I'm not positive on the numbers, but indeed the roll gets harvested for more plugs than the flat newsprint. Also the seed pods of cat-tails are also used as if they were tinder plugs.

Archived