Frozen Corpses

alone sniper

Hi guys!!! :)
How you doing ????^_^

So , those corpses in TLD need some Improvement. I mean we need new type of them. for example new corpse have some high condition food or material while old ones have low condition thing.  OR how about women corpses?

And when corpse is empty. IT MEAN HE DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING!!!!

and it shouldn't have cloth.  

So what is your idea??????^_^

The devs have said in the past that new corpses are on the way.

As for what corpses carry, that would require some changes to the loot generation system.

But being able to at least harvest some cloth from "empty" corpses would be nice.

And don't bring up cannibalism, as I'm pretty sure they already said no to that. ESRB, PEGI, etc would frown on it.

1 hour ago, miah999 said:

The devs have said in the past that new corpses are on the way.

As for what corpses carry, that would require some changes to the loot generation system.

But being able to at least harvest some cloth from "empty" corpses would be nice.

And don't bring up cannibalism, as I'm pretty sure they already said no to that. ESRB, PEGI, etc would frown on it.

They've definitely said "no cannibalism". I remember the devs saying that in a post months ago.

I do like the idea of getting cloth from "empty" corpses. I always thought it was weird that we were leaving useful stuff behind like that. It's not like the frozen people need it anymore...

The thing about corpses is that, even in cold weather, they get ugly, and all that ugly stuff fuses to your new jacket. Would you really want a jacket with a dead-dude-inner? I understand the sentiment, but since the game currently offers a lot of alternatives that don't have dead dude on them, it's a no thanks from me, sorry.

EDIT: I also hereby request to rename all corpses "Dead Dude"

22 hours ago, Wastelander said:

Would you really want a jacket with a dead-dude-inner?

How desperate am I in that moment?

Usually I'd turn it down... but if it's wear a grody jacket or freeze to death... That changes things.

But with that in mind, scraps of cloth seem like a reasonable alternative, without raising those kind of questions.

1 hour ago, danicusrex said:

But with that in mind, scraps of cloth seem like a reasonable alternative, without raising those kind of questions.

Problem is, how could the game present the differences between a clothes-stripped corpse and a full-clothed corpse?

A dead person stripped down to his/her underwear might be a common sight in other games, but in a game like the TLD, I'd consider it a bit... degrading. I don't know. I guess we're safe to assume the clothes are ruined enough to be utterly useless, be it for bandages (!), building a snow shelter or for repairing other pieces.

1 hour ago, Hiemalis said:

Problem is, how could the game present the differences between a clothes-stripped corpse and a full-clothed corpse?

A dead person stripped down to his/her underwear might be a common sight in other games, but in a game like the TLD, I'd consider it a bit... degrading. I don't know. I guess we're safe to assume the clothes are ruined enough to be utterly useless, be it for bandages (!), building a snow shelter or for repairing other pieces.

As others pointed out the only really salvageable clothing in all situations would be the jacket (although if I was desperate I'd take the boots too). The jacket should be low condition (10-30%) and then you can harvest it for cloth yourself if you need to. Taking it would just remove the jacket from the character model. Currently, this is not possible in the game since all corpses share the same model but presumably in a future update they could add jacketed/non jacketed corpses to the game. Also, depending on the manner of death (i.e. wolf attack) the jacket could also be completely ruined.

Archived