Eating Simulator 2014... Suggested New Game Title..

kb0nly

The problem is my condition just keeps dropping faster then i can keep it up. My fatigue is flat, my thirst is flat, my warm is flat, the only thing i can't keep down is the dang hunger, i start a new game and in less than an hour real time i'm starving and eating ten times the consumption of a normal human and my condition just starts dropping like a rock.

I just died again, i was starving, but i wasnt tired, wasnt thirsty, wasnt cold, but no matter how much i ate the calories tick off like some sick twisted stop watch.

I tried doing what you said in your PM, but after dying in my sleep due to starvation and dying standing in the dam building by a warm fire due to starvation i just can't see how this is accurate. All the my other stats were good but the starvation drops my condition faster then i can compete with it. I don't know if my game has a bug or what but i am not seeing what some are, my calories drop fast, i would say a calorie a second real time, i eat it surges back up and then i walk across the room and it dropped a couple hundred.

I just died at negative 3200 calories again.. Ugh

Hows everyone doing with this game so far? I spend 12 hours of every day just eating in this game, i have dubbed it Eating Simulator 2014...

The hunger goes up WAY WAY to fast.

I actually like to describe it as "like Goat Simulator, but with a Canadian instead of a goat".

Seriously, though, if you've ever spent a day outside doing strenuous exercise in a Canadian winter, the calorie demands won't seem quite so unrealistic.

What really bugs me are the wear rates on the hatchets and hunting knives. I'd like to see some vid of the devs trying to wear out a hatchet.

As for wear rates on the hunting rifle, well, there are enough beat-up marginally shootable bubba'ed Lee-Enfields in this country that a rifle crapping out on you is believable...

What really bugs me are the wear rates on the hatchets and hunting knives. I'd like to see some vid of the devs trying to wear out a hatchet.

For gameplay, 'foever wear' equipment would end most of the game challenge once found.

One easy way to look at it tough, is that for the wilderness area, there would have been a lot of casual/seasonal workers. They would have taken the good stuff as they moved on, and left mostly bargain store stuff behind... plus no Walmarts or specialty shops around, so a lot of this stuff has been through a ton of condensation, abuse, and lack of repair. ;)

Goat Simulator... LOL!!

Oh trust me i know about the cold living here in MN on a farm in the winter time ain't much better most days. Just seems like the food requirement is a bit overplayed in this game, but still enjoying it though i am frustrated at the hunger meter.

Finally found the dang trappers homestead today! Got the rifle, i checked everywhere else everyone said it would spawn and it wasn't there. Shot a deer, carved that thing up until the knife broke then had a venison cooking party for six hours. Ate half of it and he finally stopped complaining of hunger. Got some sleep, foraged some firewood, and now i am sitting out a blizzard that sounds like the ones i remember on the farm as a kid.

Now if only he can stop getting hungry standing in the cabin. Sitting would be a nice option in this game.

I just died at negative 3200 calories again.. Ugh

Now, I am no computer programmer but I am fairly certain the lowest your calories can go is negative 1500. I think you, my dear sir, have a bug on your hands.

Yes, that sounds like a bug. Please try again and post your log to the bug forum.

Yes sir i did have a bug... I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and things seem to be much better now. The hunger was going to really low negative numbers and nobody would believe me, i tried taking a screenshot but for some reason the key assigned to it was popping me out of the game and Windows 8.1 was popping up something about a keyboard command. After reinstalling the game i can now take screenshots but even after letting him starve for 24 hours it won't go any lower, so i think i fixed that much anyway!

The other problem i was having before reinstall is the calorie counter was like a stopwatch, the last digit usually changed fast enough that the digits would blend as they ticked off. Thats why i was so ticked off.... LOL

But now its a more gentle slow drop. So i guess all the major problems i was having was due to some installation error, not sure. On a 27 day run now. Doing pretty good after finding a preppers cache and some more tools to repair my rifle. I have been hunting and rotating where i spend a few days living to catch a deer every couple days. Then eating sparingly even if he bitches and moans about being hungry.

Almost lost it on day 23 when i got food poisoning from a can of pork and beans, but i slept two hours, drank ate, slept two hours, drank ate, and did that until i got the required ten hours in and made it through. Would like to hit 30 days, thats my personal goal.

Archived