Recommended Posts

Hi guys!!!! ^_^ 

How are you ??

so, don't like to say that . but maybe small potassium cyanide pill in a inventory item that is unremovable ??  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, miah999 said:

Why?

when you want to try new sandbox and actually one of the new causes of " cabin favor" (your character commit suicide because of depression) ??

or morale? "once added to game"

Edited by alone sniper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

again, why? was the character an ex cia agent? where in the world does an average person find a pot-cy?  if you wanna kill yerself, take off your cloths and go stand outside for 5 minutes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or have your character jump off a cliff, that's faster. :winky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @TROY and @Scyzara !! 

I know your ideas and I did them many times!! :D

but come on!!!!
a single pill or a knife . 

I don't know but tired of same way !
 

Edited by alone sniper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahaha @alone sniper, you're funny. You are bored with killing yourself and want more options to do that? Really?

Maybe you should change your gameplay... this is a SURVIVAL game. Which means trying to stay ALIVE! So the idea that you mentioned doesn't really fit in the game.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with this it.

-1

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Baukster77 said:

Hahahaha @alone sniper, you're funny. You are bored with killing yourself and want more options to do that? Really?

Maybe you should change your gameplay... this is a SURVIVAL game. Which means trying to stay ALIVE! So the idea that you mentioned doesn't really fit in the game.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with this it.

-1

Thanks for advise !!! ^_^ 

you are right ! 

I accept -1 point! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a survival game, but the biggest threat to survival in a scenario like this is not bears or wolves or even the cold; its losing hope. Adding subtle suicide options would be a great way to add to the tone. Maybe your PC becomes a perfect survival machine, a naked old woman living for years in isolation by kiting deer into wolves and starting fires with an ancient magnifying glass. Maybe she succumbs to loneliness after a few weeks.  There already kind of is a subtle hint at this theme, considering the fact that one of the most obvious suicide locations is called "Contemplation Bridge".

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry guys, but you won't convince me. Wanting an actual suicide option added to the game is... disturbing. VERY disturbing, on multiple levels. If you're tired of a character, just delete the save. If you have other things bothering you that arent related to the game, , please feel free to PM me, and I can provide you with the number of a trained professional who can help you sort out your thoughts. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I'd prefer a nice length of rope, the pill is a bit too convenient and I think the minimalism a simple noose provides would fit in well with this games atmosphere. 
Joking aside, I'd rather go out with a bang, fighting wolves nude with a large hunting knife, if I was going to choose my characters death I mean. Cyanide pills don't belong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suicide in an of itself isn't that bad of a suggestion - everyone has a breaking point, some just don't reach it in their lifetimes. However, as @Scyzara pointed out, there are enough cliffs in the game in the first place, and I can give you a few more suggestions on how to commit suicide in the game with current features as well - letting me play your character for a few days is a surefire way of death! :D 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TROY said:

I'm sorry guys, but you won't convince me. Wanting an actual suicide option added to the game is... disturbing. VERY disturbing, on multiple levels. If you're tired of a character, just delete the save. If you have other things bothering you that arent related to the game, , please feel free to PM me, and I can provide you with the number of a trained professional who can help you sort out your thoughts. 

Just adding this: What you say is correct, it's disturbing, but suicide can be added to a story just for this purpose. There are games that include character-suicide and they don't make it an option - Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth comes to mind with it's sanity meter. Granted, this probably has no place in TLD, but IF it's done, it could either enhance the narrative or not. Kind of an hit or miss thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actual mechanics for committing suicide in the game seem redundant to me, but not just that, they merely add the possibility a player might accidentally end his game prematurely by inadvertantly clicking the wrong button.

How many players haven't complained about inadvertantly ripping up a perfectly fine clothing article because they weren't paying attention while repairing, or eating a raw piece of meat because of selecting the wrong option by mistake (oops, I didn't mean to eat that piece of meat...)?

Great, so I pick up some cyanide - let's say the barn has some lying around for pest control and the game lets you poison wolves - and I ingest some by mistake. Game over! Wow, that really wouldn't be frustrating...

Or you want to sharpen you knife and you select the wrong option: oh, shit, now there's arterial spray all over the ceiling!

I try to clean my rifle - BLAM! - half my face is gone! You get to play 'Arseface' from Preacher for two whole agonizing minutes. Just imagine the fun!

It redundant. It's stupid. It's a cause for frustration.

And you might as well ask why there are no porn magazines in The Long Dark to beat off to. Or why the character never has to take a leak or a dump*. And why can't I decorate my Base Camp with animal skulls?

* This might actually make for interesting gameplay if one would get the mechanic right, because it would force you to consider hygiene, timing your toilet breaks so that you don't have to get out at night (a ten hour blizzard would be a real inconvenience when you've got to go...)

Edited by TWM
spelling
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, alone sniper said:

Hi guys!!!! ^_^ 

How are you ??

so, don't like to say that . but maybe small potassium cyanide pill in a inventory item that is unremovable ??  
 

Cyanide pill is unrealistic 

how about bleach

Edited by Rifleman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, panggul_mas said:

This is a survival game, but the biggest threat to survival in a scenario like this is not bears or wolves or even the cold; its losing hope. Adding subtle suicide options would be a great way to add to the tone. Maybe your PC becomes a perfect survival machine, a naked old woman living for years in isolation by kiting deer into wolves and starting fires with an ancient magnifying glass. Maybe she succumbs to loneliness after a few weeks.  There already kind of is a subtle hint at this theme, considering the fact that one of the most obvious suicide locations is called "Contemplation Bridge".

Hi @panggul_mas !!
Welcome to forum!!! ^_^:coffee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rifleman said:

Cyanide pill is unrealistic 

How about some rat poison ??? 

and also it can be added to meat for poisoning wolf ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, but I would strongly prefer that this be left to the mod community.  And not use developer time and resources when they could be doing dozens of more valuable, important, and entertaining things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are plenty of ways of killing yourself in this game, go sleep outside, put yourself in front of a pack of wolves, or a bear, throw yourself of the top of TM, let fire kill you, go to thin ice, . I agree with IsuggestThings. If it were added, let it be done by the mod community, but for the developers? No, thousands of things more important than this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this topic is getting very disturbing very quickly I'm going to lock the thread. If you disagree with this course of action please take it up with one of the other moderators

The game is deadly enough as it is without needing to add more deadly items for players to accidentally interact with. Suicide and depression are also both very serious conditions. I don't know how they would be modeled in the game but hopefully "take potassium cyanide for feels" won't be one of them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.