VEGAN CHALLENGE (SANDBOX)

Pneuma

I proposed this challenge to two friends of mine who are vegan for spiritual reasons, basically in short they believe animals of all sorts have spirits, and so its wrong to kill them for food, etc.  After much conversation they decided that the already dead deer could be harvested, because leaving it there to rot would also be dishonoring the spirit of the animal.  Though they drew the line at actually eating the meat.  But it was acceptable to use it as bait to distract a wolf.  They also decided that chasing a wolf off a kill was wrong.  Couldn't come to a consensus about what to do with a wolf that dies after attacking.... And then the conversation turned creepy because we ran across one of the dead guys. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, Jolan said:

I proposed this challenge to two friends of mine who are vegan for spiritual reasons, basically in short they believe animals of all sorts have spirits, and so its wrong to kill them for food, etc.  After much conversation they decided that the already dead deer could be harvested, because leaving it there to rot would also be dishonoring the spirit of the animal.  Though they drew the line at actually eating the meat.  But it was acceptable to use it as bait to distract a wolf.  They also decided that chasing a wolf off a kill was wrong. .

I'm not vegan, but I do consider the fact that my food comes from animals, plants, from many places, that there is a lot of hard work that goes into creating a meal to eat long before the ingredients enter the kitchen. So I give thanks to the animals that die for my food, just as I give thanks for the plants that I eat, and for the people involved in the raising and harvesting of said plants and animals for the purpose of food. Death is a part of life and what irks me is when there is waste. You don't simply waste food, and you don't waste parts of an animal. Granted, in the game, I avoid wolf and bear meat because of the parasites (though I understand that on Voyager this isn't a thing and shouldn't worry about it anyway) but I look at it this way, the meat, if not eaten by other animals, will rot, and become part of the earth again. Perhaps, when we see a changing of the seasons implemented, ruined food items will be able to be composted and make growing food easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see................. A Vegan on Interloper I give about 2 weeks tops if everything goes well!!   But would actually be fun to give it a try.

But SOMEBODY needs to make the rules simple! 

I simply suggest ABSOLUTELY no eating or ANY OTHER USE of Animals or animal parts including for clothing, weapons, or other crafting!

If you want to try to starve yourself to last longer, so be it! It will eventually catch up with you.

Make the contest/challenge for EACH DIFFICULTY LEVEL!  Come post your results when done!!

I'm going to give it a shot on Interloper!

Archived