[Suggestion] Forum set up

Ohbal

Hey there community!

Hope this message is not taken as negative or pure criticism, but I need to take this out of my chest. For the few months I've been in this forums, besides greatly enjoying your company and your thoughts, I couldn't avoid thinking that the forums themselves are a bit messy. 

Its really frustrating to me to see that we have dozens of open threads with the same topic (let it be whiteout challenge, or feats, or skills, you name it), spread out through different sub-forums. I don't know if the devs read everything we put here but I surely know we are not making it any easier for them.

I don't think I'm the only one confused by how the sub-forums are made, and its hard to guess what would be the best place for each topic. Specially confusing are the Alpha Playtest Feedback and the Alpha General Discussions. 

I'm not going to propose any different set up, don't want to step into anybody's shoes, but I'd like to make a suggestion going forward: the creation of feedback threads for each of the new features included in the updates. In the very same way as you guys did when the parasites and cabin fever mechanics were implemented. Of course for this to make any difference it would be necessary that the mods take care of merging the many threads that surely will be open during those days to make sure all feedback is compiled under the same roof. I know is a pain of a task, but maybe and just maybe if we get the rythm it will be a one month thing.    

Thanks for reading!

On 7/1/2016 at 2:32 AM, Ohbal said:

Hey there community!

Hope this message is not taken as negative or pure criticism, but I need to take this out of my chest. For the few months I've been in this forums, besides greatly enjoying your company and your thoughts, I couldn't avoid thinking that the forums themselves are a bit messy. 

Its really frustrating to me to see that we have dozens of open threads with the same topic (let it be whiteout challenge, or feats, or skills, you name it), spread out through different sub-forums. I don't know if the devs read everything we put here but I surely know we are not making it any easier for them.

I don't think I'm the only one confused by how the sub-forums are made, and its hard to guess what would be the best place for each topic. Specially confusing are the Alpha Playtest Feedback and the Alpha General Discussions. 

I'm not going to propose any different set up, don't want to step into anybody's shoes, but I'd like to make a suggestion going forward: the creation of feedback threads for each of the new features included in the updates. In the very same way as you guys did when the parasites and cabin fever mechanics were implemented. Of course for this to make any difference it would be necessary that the mods take care of merging the many threads that surely will be open during those days to make sure all feedback is compiled under the same roof. I know is a pain of a task, but maybe and just maybe if we get the rythm it will be a one month thing.    

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for your suggestions! Certainly as the community grows, it is good to assess the tools we are using. Appreciate the feedback. ;) 

I've found it a bit hard to know where to look for things in the forums. I've accidentally posted a couple topics that were repeats, because I didn't find my question when i browsed or searched for something like it, but then later discovered that my exact question had been answered previously. 

Archived