-weaponscombat-mechanics-suggestionsdiscussions-part- 6!!! (FINAL!!!!!!)

Docterrok

Dynamite, no - the mines are abandonded and no way the government would just allow eplosives to lay about. Also, commercial explosives used in mining are triggered electrically, so the event would have surely set any of those off. Also, in-game explosives would require new graphics and code, all for a highly situational item of which I can't think of a use (although I must admit shoving a stick of TNT down that damned bears outside my base throat and watching it explode would personally satisfy me right now)

As for armor, I did some research and asked a couple dudes from the archeology department I know, basically no armor to protect against wildlife has ever been successful enough - the only thing that could possibly help would be those suits dog handlers wear to protect from bites. Also, I find inventory management difficult enough already without adding something heavy like armor (that might just be me though, since I already compulsively steal pilfer loot acquire anything I find in the game. When it comes to human vs. human though, some armor may or may not be in order - have to check whether or not kevlar can actually take prolonged cold temperatures.

The slingshot would be a fine addition and could be found in coastal areas where fishing is done in the summer as well since slingshots can actually be used to, well, sling bait and attractants to the area where you intend to fish to lure in the actual fish. Also, a slingshot can be quite a formidable weapon - if you use ball bearings as ammo, they can easily kill small game and seriously injure humans.

A shotgun would be a realistic addition, especially around PV and TWM. However, with the upcoming revolver, I personally believe there are enough firearms in the game though. But who knows what story mode will bring?

Archived