Custom hardness setting

dbldrew

Ok I think it would be cool if there was a 4th option for setting the harness level, so leave pilgrim, voyager and stalker the same but add a 4th that is completely custom 

It could be setup with slider bars that you can manually change.

So things like..

Animal re-spawn frequency

Wolf population 

weather 

temperature

Food 

tools

etc

that way we can custom design the level to our liking 

The devs have stated that they will not be including a "Slider" style difficulty level, meaning they've ruled out the possibility of custom settings on that front.
Raphael said something long the lines of that they wanted to give the best and most balanced experiences of TLD, and so only preset difficulties would be included.

32 minutes ago, Baukster77 said:

Don't know if I would like to have that much influence on a mode, but a mode between Pilgrim and Stalker would be great!

There already is one. It's called Voyageur.

2 minutes ago, Baukster77 said:

Ok! Thanks @EternityTide! I didn't know that.

But does that also mean that they will only have three playing modes in the future or are they silent about that?

I don't know, but I am unsure as to what other difficulties could be added. Essentially we've already got an easy, medium and hard mode, the only thing left is to add an "expert" mode. But why go to that extreme when Stalker is bad enough already?

@EternityTide I am a new player, am playing the game just for a few weeks. And am also not an experienced gamer at all! So even voyageur mode is pretty hard for me now, but pilgrim mode is so easy it gets boring REALLY fast. I love pilgrim so much because of the beautiful the graphics and scenery of the game. Sunsets and the landscape is so beautiful! But the wolves in voyageur make me so paranoia! :shock:Fluffy scares the hell out of me every time, and I do know how to kill him! Lol! In voyageur mode I am constantly looking for wolves and bears and haven't got the time to enjoy the surroundings.

I hope they make the pilgrim mode a little bit more of a challenge, but maybe by then I am more experienced and will think voyageur is easy...?

But I love the game and like it that a lot people are so involved with the game. It's great to read all of your comments and ideas!

On 02/07/2016 at 10:29 PM, Dirmagnos said:

If people annoy them enough, then they will.

I forgot to follow up on this.

This forum is a privilege, a place where players can politely make suggestions and put forward their wishes.

The Developers, on their part , receive the feedback and use this to improve the game. Note, however, that Raphael frequently puts emphasis on the fact that they only add features and tweaks if it fits within their vision.

Making demands and "bugging" the developers only alienates them, and sours the relationship between the developers and the customers. We are fortunate enough that we actually get a say in what goes on in the game's development, instead of a "you either buy it or you don't" situation. They are not beholden to us, and the wish list is a courtesy, not a right.

I apologise if I went off on a rant, but I felt that the situation required clarification.

Difficulty is an ongoing debate. Mainly due to the fact that everyone has a different opinion on it ^_^

I've never played Pilgrim so I can't really comment on it. I enjoy Voyager but it gets too easy after a while. I like the harsher climate in Stalker but the overly aggressive, oddly numerous wolves just get really tedious after a while. I don't think that an expert mode is really necessary but some re-balancing of the current modes is necessary. Since a lot of road map items will affect difficulty (e.g. wolf pack behaviour) I have high hopes :winky:

On 8-7-2016 at 8:48 PM, EternityTide said:

I forgot to follow up on this.

This forum is a privilege, a place where players can politely make suggestions and put forward their wishes.

The Developers, on their part , receive the feedback and use this to improve the game. Note, however, that Raphael frequently puts emphasis on the fact that they only add features and tweaks if it fits within their vision.

Making demands and "bugging" the developers only alienates them, and sours the relationship between the developers and the customers. We are fortunate enough that we actually get a say in what goes on in the game's development, instead of a "you either buy it or you don't" situation. They are not beholden to us, and the wish list is a courtesy, not a right.

I apologise if I went off on a rant, but I felt that the situation required clarification.

I totally agree! And I think most of us do try to articulate their wishes/visoins in a respectful manner.

I haven't played the Stalker mode yet and hardly played the Voyager mode so view is still somewhat limited. I have mainly been getting the feel of what does what first and for the life if me when I first started could never figure out how to melt snow, lol!

For difficulty one idea I had was just to adjust your technique of survival depending on the difficulty. For example almost living as a bushman where everything is crafted from your surroundings and fire is made from rubbing two sticks together. I did see that in the road map a bow drill is something they are thinking of. I guess in a nutshell adjust one difficulty where it is more about primitive survival methods.  

I feel like this is a necessity for this game. I always played stalker for the longest time to make things harder. I am currently playing a community challenge on voyager and really like wolves more. Their behaviour is less predictable, harder to herd deer into them. Also, because they are more rare, when they get the jump on me it really gets my heart rate up. When they are everywhere on stalker they don't have the same impact.

Having voyager wolves, but stronger, and stalker difficulty everything else would be great for me personally. I'm sure everyone has a different play style preference combining different difficulty settings.

Archived