Wolves color?

I have a question, as I didn't find the answer to it in the forum. I saw old footage and apparently the wolves, at least the one I saw there was grey/white and  not  black. I looooved that! Why are they all black now? I think it would be great for not noticing them and it adds variability and it's actually accurate, not all wolves are so dark in color. 

On 6/26/2016 at 2:17 PM, CarolinaSantAngelo said:

I have a question, as I didn't find the answer to it in the forum. I saw old footage and apparently the wolves, at least the one I saw there was grey/white and  not  black. I looooved that! Why are they all black now? I think it would be great for not noticing them and it adds variability and it's actually accurate, not all wolves are so dark in color. 

The wildlife have all undergone various adjustments and changes since initial Early Access release, although I can't say that they were all that lighter in color. Was this an image from an even earlier build of the game? Certainly the dark wolf coloring helps them stand out against the white snow (although the reverse might be true at night). Having the tools to be able to avoid wolves altogether (if you want to) is an important part of the survival experience. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Carlson said:

The wildlife have all undergone various adjustments and changes since initial Early Access release, although I can't say that they were all that lighter in color. Was this an image from an even earlier build of the game? Certainly the dark wolf coloring helps them stand out against the white snow (although the reverse might be true at night). Having the tools to be able to avoid wolves altogether (if you want to) is an important part of the survival experience. 

I saw a video of early access yes, it was in a post someone did about phrases and what the character could say, so someone put as a example one where the character said something like "that sneaky bastard" when the wolf surprised him, and it was white/grey. I figured all weren't like that but I liked that there could be some mixed around. 

seems like a topic fit for the wishlist - a friend of mine was playing when he commented that some, not all, wolves found in this area would have grey and white fur. i don't know too much on the topic, myself, but it makes sense. wolves native to northern canada would be bound to have natural camoflage for hunting.

7 minutes ago, Tbone555 said:

seems like a topic fit for the wishlist - a friend of mine was playing when he commented that some, not all, wolves found in this area would have grey and white fur. i don't know too much on the topic, myself, but it makes sense. wolves native to northern canada would be bound to have natural camoflage for hunting.

I wondered where to put it but my first thought about this post was to actually ask why the grey/white wolves dissappeared from the game. Would I wish to have them back? Definitely. That part is definitely for the wishlist. And yes, Grey wolves as far as I can see are usually grey/white most of the time and some are  darker and some are black completely but it's rare to see photos of many of them. When you put "Grey wolves pack" in google grey and  white is the most common. 

Archived