The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha Updated to v.346 -- "PENITENT SCHOLAR"

Raphael van Lierop

@Blinkin Yeah I understand its just rough is all anxiety is real... And I love the game and where its going... Ive just never been a real patient man... Plus the saltiness towards xbox and microsoft is another issue entirely... I just let it get to me is all.... Ill still continue to visit the forums day in day out.. And apply my two cents in discussions where applicable..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update Patrick!

Every platform had it's own build(s) so I understand this takes time. And I'm glad there's some information about it now. :)
The thing that makes people ask about when it will be released to their platform is mainly in the lack of communication I think (which there is now).
When you say as a developers studio that the new update is out but it isn't on each platform, that's understandable. But when you'll keep completely quite about those platforms people start to feel 'left in the dark'.

So thanks again for the update about the current status. It gives me the feeling that there's currently being worked on. It's much appreciated. Again, thank you! :D

so it would be nice if i could get an answer from some one....... Why can`t i play the new update on xbox it has been 5 days!!!!! i really sick of waiting and close to just giving up and feeling like i will be stuck with v.338 what is taking so long.... am i doing something wrong please someone give me something here 

5 minutes ago, Rodeo Gaming said:

so it would be nice if i could get an answer from some one....... Why can`t i play the new update on xbox it has been 5 days!!!!! i really sick of waiting and close to just giving up and feeling like i will be stuck with v.338 what is taking so long.... am i doing something wrong please someone give me something here 

its not Hinterlands fault its microsofts.. For the PC hinterland can release updated right away. But for the Xbox the update has to go direct to Microsoft and they analyze and check it and analyze and check it etc.. it takes days for microsoft to allow it to be downloaded to the xbox.. 

1 minute ago, dbldrew said:

its not Hinterlands fault its microsofts.. For the PC hinterland can release updated right away. But for the Xbox the update has to go direct to Microsoft and they analyze and check it and analyze and check it etc.. it takes days for microsoft to allow it to be downloaded to the xbox.. 

i figured that retarded wish i had the money to get it on steam....... microsoft takes there sweet time i hate it 

1 minute ago, Rodeo Gaming said:

i figured that retarded wish i had the money to get it on steam....... microsoft takes there sweet time i hate it 

true but you have to look at the good side of that.. sometimes an update will crash your version of the game on the pc world and make it unplayable and you have to wait for the next hotfix. that dosnt usually happen on the xbox so yea we have to wait, but it is more stable and we can still play until its released 

36 minutes ago, dbldrew said:

true but you have to look at the good side of that.. sometimes an update will crash your version of the game on the pc world and make it unplayable and you have to wait for the next hotfix. that dosnt usually happen on the xbox so yea we have to wait, but it is more stable and we can still play until its released 

39 minutes ago, Rodeo Gaming said:

Yeah and the Xbox One verson is a lot less laggy compared to the PC version, trust me I have played both versions and the difference is remarkable.

23 minutes ago, Diamondz said:
24 minutes ago, Diamondz said:

Yeah and the Xbox One verson is a lot less laggy compared to the PC version, trust me I have played both versions and the difference is remarkable.

I guess it depends what your PC specs are?

12 hours ago, dbldrew said:

that's very true I'm just so damn excited lol 

15 minutes ago, Tbone555 said:

if this update doesnt get on my xbox one by tomorrow, im throwing my character off the Desolation Point bridge, hinterland.
you have 24 hours.

Dont do it man, its here ,just got home from work and its finally here9_9.

6 hours ago, Blinkin said:

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to thank Hinterland and team because I just saw GOG received update 348! :D
So thank you all for the hard work, this is way faster than I expected to receive the update. Thanks!

Thanks Blinkin, we're glad to get it out there in the wild! Safe travels. 

im sure yall have gotten this from everyone - but i wasnt meaning to complain and whine about it. i know that updates take time going through microsoft, i was just excited to get it :P and im really enjoying it! SO happy i've finally got it :D

Archived