Ability to wield knives, hatchets, pry-bars etc as weapons

Tombstone

Being able to wield a hunting knife, hatchet, or pry bar as a weapon would be a great addition, or the ability to stab a wolf that attacks you with a hunting knife (provided it is in your inventory) and kill the wolf. This would be an amazing addition to the game, maybe even add a reloading feature into the game (reload bullets), add like a reloading bench somewhere and the spent bullet casings can be kept and you have to find the projectile (bullet), plus the gunpowder. That would be another awesome feature! Other than that, I can't wait until the game is done, keep up the good work!!

As I was walking around the clear cut area and exploring the three small building there, I was curious as to whether or not there would be any chainsaws around.

As tools, I would love to see chainsaws increase your chance of foraging for lumber by a lot in exchange for being heavy, requiring fuel, and degrading faster than a standard tool. As a weapon, I would want it to be loud, bulky, impractical, and frighten all the animals away (with the exception of the bear and moose I am assuming you will introduce later). It would be nice to have it as an option, albeit a very bad option. Also, it would be nice if even more frightening than a PC wielding a chainsaw was an NPC wielding a chainsaw.

Archived