More food, but constant need to eat

TarjaS

I'm now in day 2 of the first run in this version and the one thing that's really bugging me is the amount of food required. It is actually a bit annoying that this version has more food available, but you need to keep eating at every turn. I think the 0.107 version was better in this respect.

I really like that the clothes remain in the inventory when worn out and can be used to get cloth for repairs. Now you don't need to be constantly checking the condition to harvest items before they disappear. And more storage space at the Camp Office was one thing I was hoping for, so that's nice.

First Aid for sprained ankle is more logical than before, but you wouldn't really expect painkillers to cure you immediately. You'd still expect to need rest, just not as much as without any painkillers.

The new panel layout looks good. It'll take some getting used to, but it definitely looks better than the previous layout.

Agree with everything except food. :-)

I think the calorie intake is spot on and is tied to condition very well... being able to go on for quite a while starving.

I think some (not saying you) are too focused on staying in perfect condition, which really ins't possible to achieve in survival.

I'm in day 11 now and starting to get used to the new calorie counts/requirements. The situation got a lot better with a rifle and some wolf and deer meat. Seems to me that meat isn't giving you a food poisoning quite as easily as before. Stocked up antibiotics and ate as much not-so-good meat as I could and prepared to take antibiotics and sleep, but everything was just fine. That was a pleasant surprise. Dog food wasn't, but beggars can't be choosers and at least it didn't cause food poisoning.

Archived