What we DON'T want

Wastelander

Just now, Silentfoot said:

Thing about zombies that I never could understand for a frigid environment... wouldn't they all just freeze in place? Not like the living dead are endothermic.

Good point. Since they are, for all intents and purposes, 'dead' flesh, one could probably just push 'em over in the cold :D

Oh, and I don't think I've seen you yet so welcome to the forums!

On 6/21/2016 at 0:01 PM, Mikeyd0577 said:

As for the money: you have frozen people around along with stranded cars and houses.  Money would be a realistic find but mainly useless to the world we know now.  But, consider using paper money that was found in those places to be used as a fire starter much like cat tails or tinder plugs.

I'd honestly quite like to see money in the game. And have it literally just be used as tinder. That wouldn't make any mechanical difference from newspapers and such, but would be VERY thematic. Of course, it would be somewhat unrealistic, as I believe our modern Canadian money makes an absolutely terrible fire starter...

1 minute ago, cullam said:

I'd honestly quite like to see money in the game. And have it literally just be used as tinder. That wouldn't make any mechanical difference from newspapers and such, but would be VERY thematic. Of course, it would be somewhat unrealistic, as I believe our modern Canadian money makes an absolutely terrible fire starter...

Polymer banknotes don't burn well, but I am willing to suspend my disbelief for what you mentioned. Literally burn the last surviving sign of civilization, accept that the world as we know it has ended... actually, that's one of the things I DO want, so I'm kind of derailing my own thread here, I apologize :D

On 29.6.2016 at 3:13 PM, Silentfoot said:

Thing about zombies that I never could understand for a frigid environment... wouldn't they all just freeze in place? Not like the living dead are endothermic.

This is what the Zombie Survival Guide has to say about that:

TUNDRA
This subarctic environment is the most human - friendly on earth. Long winter nights are safe for travel, as the extremely low temperatures freeze zombies in their tracks. The long summer days put sight-dependent humans on equal parity with their omni-sensed, undead pursuers. This allows for more time spent on the go. Ironically, this subarctic twilight has also proven to aid in deeper, more relaxed sleep. Escapees bedding down for the  " night "  have consistently reported the ability to truly rest without the fear of  a  putrid mob rushing at them from out of the darkness.

But watch out for that guy inside the Camp Office once you get it heated up! :o

Archived