Hinterland Forums not accessible from some PCs

@Patrick Carlson

I'm writing from iPhone where I keep myself logged in.

When I try to access the forums from PC the only thing that displays is a blank white page with the text "bad-bots.html"

Just wanted to let you know.

Edit: I tried from a second computer and get the same strange error message: bad-bots.html.

edit: I think the problem may have to do with the subnet those PCs are on (public computers). I was able to access the forums from them last week but not this week. 

However I can access from home PC.

So...disregard this :$

3 hours ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

@Patrick Carlson

I'm writing from iPhone where I keep myself logged in.

When I try to access the forums from PC the only thing that displays is a blank white page with the text "bad-bots.html"

Just wanted to let you know.

Edit: I tried from a second computer and get the same strange error message: bad-bots.html.

edit: I think the problem may have to do with the subnet those PCs are on (public computers). I was able to access the forums from them last week but not this week. 

However I can access from home PC.

So...disregard this :$

Thanks for the heads-up on this. Can't say immediately what the issue might be, but we'll look into it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had created a new topic on this, since I failed to see this one. I want to second this issue, any time I try to access the webpage from mine or my boyfriend's Android phones, I get the same white page and bad bots message. I'm assuming the site is blocking certain browsers/PCs/phones and not sure why. I tried using several different browsers on my phone (firefox, chrome, opera, etc) and had the same result for all of them. I also downloaded an add-on on my phone that makes websites default to the PC website version instead of the mobile version, and still had the issue. Really wish I could access this forum away from home.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I have no trouble accessing the site on PC using firefox.

Archived