Numerous CTD's since v.338 released

Since the v.338 patch installed a few days ago I have experienced at least 5 CTDs. 

Only the first CTD generated an error log folder (which was submitted in a previous post when it 1st occured). The rest of the CTDs afterwards just return to desktop with the Windows message that reads "tld.exe has stopped responding."

This occurs on two systems, one a desktop with an AMD GPU & AMD CPU, the other system being a laptop with a Nvidia GPU & Intel CPU.

Edit: another CTD but this time generated error report (attached).

Please advise, I await your reply. 

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

tld error jpeg.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Since the v.338 patch installed a few days ago I have experienced at least 5 CTDs.  

Only the first CTD generated an error log folder (which was submitted in a previous post when it 1st occured). The rest of the CTDs afterwards just return to desktop with the Windows message that reads "tld.exe has stopped responding."

Thanks for your report, we will follow up with you. Appreciate your patience. 

27 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Thanks for your report, we will follow up with you. Appreciate your patience. 

Thanks very much. 

Should I keep adding crash reports to this post, or start a new one every occurrence?  Attached is error message from another CTD that just happened.

2016-05-28-1005 tld crash.gif

3 minutes ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Thanks very much. 

Should I keep adding crash reports to this post, or start a new one every occurrence?  Attached is error message from another CTD that just happened.

2016-05-28-1005 tld crash.gif

Adding them here will probably be the most efficient as it's the same user (you!). Thanks for your feedback. :coffee:

2 minutes ago, cekivi said:

Yikes. Hopefully you can play again soon @Wasteland Watcher

I'm still playing. It seems to crash every 10~20 minutes. I find myself going right back inside after exiting any building to save before venturing outdoors.
And I am also going indoors once before opening the (color-changing) car trunk that I use for meat storage outside the PV farmhouse.

1 minute ago, hauteecolerider said:

Gosh, I haven't seen this many "heap" error messages since playing Star Wars:Dark Forces on my first Mac 20 years ago! In fact, that was the ONLY game I ever saw that kind of error message . . . You, good sir, are bringing back too many unpleasant flashbacks . . .

I haven't had a problem like this since playing Unreal on a store-built system 18 years ago :P

Googling the error messages only gets results for 32-bit OS's from what I've found so far (and I'm using 64-bit Win7 on the desktop, and 64-bit Win 10 on the laptop). I've changed power settings to "prefer performance always" and disabled G-Sync to see if that has any affect (it doesn't). 
In the meantime I'll continue play-testing and reporting errors as they occur. 
:/

I hope they help the software engineers find and smash the bug causing them:normal:

Oh look -- another crash:S

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Your crash reports all show the same issue:

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.

Are you seeing stability issues with other games? Or have you changed your system configuration recently? These point to potentially an issue outside of the game. 

The first thing I would do is try reinstalling the game if you have not already. 

8 hours ago, Support said:

Are you seeing stability issues with other games? Or have you changed your system configuration recently? These point to potentially an issue outside of the game. 

The first thing I would do is try reinstalling the game if you have not already. 

On the laptop I get the crashes that generate error reports however on the desktop *sometimes* no error reports are generated, TLD.exe just becomes not responsive, and closes.

There have been no recent system configuration changes on either the desktop or laptop. 

I only started seeing this issue when game updated to version 339. 

Prior that there were no stability issues on either laptop or desktop.

I have not played any games besides The Long Dark recently.  However, Firewatch, Wasteland 2 and Fallout 4 are also installed if you think I should run some tests with other programs. If so, how many minutes? [edit: played FO4 for 45 min no crashes]

Thanks for the support so far and info.

I'll start noting whether the crash reports are from from the desktop or laptop.

I think it should be noted that exact same error from two different systems may indicate it is a software issue. 

The error report here is from the desktop. (all the error reports from the previous two days is from the laptop)
I will conduct an uninstall/reinstall and report whether that resolved the issue.

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

@Support

After reinstalling on desktop, played about 20 minutes before another crash where suddenly the screen froze but you hear the audio (wind, music). After about a minute the Windows "busy" cursor appeared and then got the Windows "tld.exe is not responding" message. No error report generated.

Again, a 'not responding' crash after 23 min (desktop). This time while entering a building, tld.exe became unresponsive at the loading screen.

18 minutes ago, RustIronCrowe said:

It seems that we are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks for the input.  I'm not necessarily glad that it's not just me, but I'm encouraged to know that it's not specific to me... I sure hope that came out right:$

11 hours ago, Support said:

I just spent a crash free hour playing a game other than The Long Dark. 

Archived