Against All Odds | Season 2 | A Long Dark Series [Updated w/ All Time Survival Record Episode!]

Hey everyone!

I'm Hadrian, and I play grand and historical strategy, survival, sci-fi, simulation and other games on my Youtube Channel.

It's my great pleasure to announce my second series in the Long Dark. Last November, I started a series called Against All Odds, and it quickly became important to me for a couple of big reasons. First, it was the first series that was truly popular on my channel, bringing in a bunch of active, daily commenters and new viewers. You never forget that. Second, Hinterland was the first developer to embrace my content and welcome me to the community with open arms. To this day, I haven't stopped thanking them. It's more than a little ridiculous at this point.

Given its popularity, I decided when the series concluded that I would bring the series back under the same name for repeating seasons. And it's time for Season 2!

This Saturday, Season 2 begins at 6 pm EDT with the release of the series introduction and first episode.

• Episodes will be daily, released at 6 as with the first.

• I have yet to thoroughly dive in to the Tireless Menace content, so expect a thorough showcasing of every piece of that (aside from the non-sandbox challenges) that I can get my hands on.

• As I did last time, I'll be playing on Stalker difficulty. I almost made it to 80 days, so my primary goal will be to surpass the first series and, secondarily, I want to explore more of the world than I ever have in one game.

As with my last post, I don't want to go on much longer than that. This is not a channel advert; I want Long Dark players to be aware of the series, so I hope you'll watch.

I thought I'd post in advance to get your attention. Check out the teaser below! Those of you who haven't watched Season 1 should do fine picking up from the start of S2... that said, those who were around for my first run in Against All Odds will probably have a richer experience.

Feel free to comment and follow along, here or on the channel. Thanks, in no small part, to this wonderful community, I have a great group of folks that regularly chime in on the series, so interaction is more than welcome. Don't be shy! Click here if you'd like to subscribe and stay on top of new episodes!

I look forward to seeing you Saturday!

-H

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick heads up! I've subscribed to your channel after watching your first few episodes of Season 2. Going through your season 1 right now (on Ep 42) and I can't wait to see more. Keep up the great work! 

Thanks, Felli! Glad you're enjoying the new series and the old. The old one was a little rough around the edges audio-wise, so it's always wonderful to see people still enjoying it. S2 has been a blast so far. Hope to see you over on the channel!

-H

• 1 month later...

And we're back! Season 2 of Against All Odds has returned for episodes 51-70. Before the hiatus, I'd fully crafted the majority of clothing items I needed and no we're preparing to head to Pleasant (Not so pleasant?) Valley for the first time.

Here's the latest! Enjoy.

Archived