SpoonyMass Presents The Hunted

Greetings my fellow survivalists, 

Today marks a special awesome occasion as I have begun the series for the challenge map The Hunted Part 1.  I call it The Hunted, just because my titles hold absolutely no originality to them :D These will, of course, be a weekly installment in SpoonyMass Player of Games Channel airing every Thursday at 1:00 PM EST until it concludes.  You can also check out the morning release of Final Fantasy IX, not exactly Long Dark material, but it goes out on the same day at 9:00 PM EST.  

I think the challenges are an awesome addition to an already awesome Sandbox mode, so, I'm looking forward to this one and I hope that you enjoy.  

Of course, any and all comments, concerns, praises, critiques, or flat out vexing can go in this thread as well :D always like to hear from you guys.  

The Long Dark Challenges Playlist:  

In the first episode of The Hunted, our hero is mauled, obviously, and has to pick up the pieces.  But does he pick up the pieces specifically enough, OR, does he rush things and try too hard to poke the bear?  I'm sure the video holds the answers...,

Round 2 begins.  This time, our hero takes it slow, heals up, assess what he has initially, and makes ready for the nightmare crawl back to Mystery Lake.  But it's not the Old Bear that is at threat in this video, it's the wolves.  Measures have to be taken, quick decisions that could ultimately lend themselves to moments of intensity.    

In this episode, the Farmhouse, the Bear, a lot of freaking panic.  Pleasant Valley is so damn big you could walk endlessly in the wrong direction if you're not aware.  Not being entirely familiar with the grounds, I was nervous, to say it mildly, on which direction to go.  

In this episode of The Hunted, Spoony tends to his wounds, rests and recovery before collecting what he needs for the final push to the Trapper's Cabin.  Time for a night in comfort, well..., as comfortable as you can be with a bedroll on hard cold floor.  

So I'd imagine I'll give this another go; third time is generally the charm right?  But to that aim and, as illustrated in my closing moments with the Old Bear and my eventual death, I'm taking a bit of a breather from The Long Dark Challenges Series.  I'll be back after a few weeks roughly.  Meantime feel free to gawk at my continued adventures on the Road to Desolation Point.

Thanks for watching.  

Archived