HOTFIX to v.332

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Hello community, 

We've just hotfixed The Long Dark Sandbox to v.332 to address some bugs discovered recently. 

THE LONG DARK SANDBOX HOTFIX to v.332 CHANGELIST

* Fix for autosaves not working on some systems. 
* Fixed issue with gear not decaying while in a specific container. 
* Fixed issue with some gear sometimes getting smaller when removed from a container. 
* Fixed issue that could cause large numbers of crows and crow feathers to spawn in specific locations. 
* Fixed issue where Intestinal Parasites were affecting fatigue incorrectly. 
* Fixed issue with Bears running too slowly. 
* Fixed crash when unloading the Distress Pistol. 
* Fixed Steam Controller issue that could accidentally trigger actions. 
* Fixed issue with first person items remaining offscreen when Inventory exited with Tab. 
* Fixed UI localized text overlap issues on HUD and journal. 
* Added missing localization for “no afflictions” on radial. 
* Fixed issue with AI sometimes spawning or despawning in view. 
* Burned Brands can no longer be added to inventory by pressing Equip during inspection. 
* Fixed problem with Save Journal option not appearing again after initial use 
* Fixed problem with saving icon not showing up when saving a journal 
* Fixed issue with equipped items not showing up in Examine UI 

###END OF CHANGELIST###

thanks for being awesomely fast to fix issues! just a thing i wanted to let you know: as i learned from another forum member,campfires do not disappear anymore! is this planned or a bug? I used to hate the campfire graveyards that inevitably started to grow after a couple of days ingame. Hope you guys can fix it in the foreseeable future! Keep on the good work! :)

Since the latest hotfix, I've noticed that the rate at which cooked meat decays in containers has become *much* more aggressive... between 10 and 11 percent per day.  At this rate, it has become almost impossible for me to consume an entire deer safely before spoilage.  Is this rate what was intended?

13 minutes ago, Dinhammer said:

Since the latest hotfix, I've noticed that the rate at which cooked meat decays in containers has become *much* more aggressive... between 10 and 11 percent per day.  At this rate, it has become almost impossible for me to consume an entire deer safely before spoilage.  Is this rate what was intended?

I have experienced this as well.  I had a whole container spoil in the lighthouse to my surprise.  Not just affecting meat maybe - tons of canned goods are also ruined.  Pork and beans are now extinct in my game.

9 hours ago, Vhalkyrie said:

I have experienced this as well.  I had a whole container spoil in the lighthouse to my surprise.  Not just affecting meat - tons of canned goods are also ruined.  Pork and beans are now extinct in my game.

Oh, dear.  I guess I'll be parking all my saves until further word.  I have over 90 lbs of meat locally... who knows what's happened to the stuff decaying in the rest of the world I have yet to explore...

[UPDATE:] After reading up and experimenting a little more, I think I've found the answer to my own question.  Looks like I was storing meat where it is now discouraged.  Dumping it outside the door slows decay, so I assume outside storage is now preferred.  In my current playthrough, non-meat foodstuffs seem to be decaying normally in indoor storage.  Only the meat seems affected.

14 hours ago, Recoil911 said:

thanks for being awesomely fast to fix issues! just a thing i wanted to let you know: as i learned from another forum member,campfires do not disappear anymore! is this planned or a bug? I used to hate the campfire graveyards that inevitably started to grow after a couple of days ingame. Hope you guys can fix it in the foreseeable future! Keep on the good work! :)

It's more realistic for the camp fires to remain, at least a while.

It makes sense for them to persist at least until a blizzard covers them. 

Not to mention I use them as markers to find my way around a new area ;)

Different topic: Bugs.

The only bug associated to new patch I've noticed is that sometimes taking a new brand while holding one would make the new brand not show fire animation. I could hear it and in inventory could see the percent remaining. Going into a building restored the fire animation.

Also notice a lot of split second sound drops while playing on laptop and occasional sound drops playing on desktop.

Always outside.

10 hours ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

It's more realistic for the camp fires to remain, at least a while.

It makes sense for them to persist at least until a blizzard covers them. 

Not to mention I use them as markers to find my way around a new area ;)

So campfires actually disappear when a blizzard kicks in? no problem with that! I was just afraid of them being "Irremovable" for the duration of an entire playthrough. 

For me the biggest issue with burned out campfires persisting forever is the model for the burned out version of the campfire -- it's as big as an active fire.  I've been living in a cave for about 50days, and trying to build my fires in the same spot to conserve floor space for storage.  It's to the point now where I have to hunt-the-pixel to target the active fire among all the dead ones.

If burned out fires are meant to persist forever I'd very much prefer a "low profile" model for them.  Like a sooty spot on the ground, maybe with a little charcoal.

8 hours ago, Recoil911 said:

So campfires actually disappear when a blizzard kicks in? no problem with that! I was just afraid of them being "Irremovable" for the duration of an entire playthrough. 

I think they persist forever at this point.

My statement was meant as more of a suggestion: "they should last until a blizzard, then be removed."
Apologies for the misunderstanding:$

On 5/1/2016 at 7:03 AM, Wasteland Watcher said:

Also notice a lot of split second sound drops while playing on laptop and occasional sound drops playing on desktop.

Always outside.

I've been having this problem since I bought the game, I think that was around v325.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think mine are also occurring when I'm inside a building.

1 hour ago, VinceCgto said:

I've been having this problem since I bought the game, I think that was around v325.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think mine are also occurring when I'm inside a building.

Tech-support requested log files from me and I submitted them but I haven't heard anything back since.

That was a few weeks back. 

27 minutes ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Tech-support requested log files from me and I submitted them but I haven't heard anything back since.

Yeah, I posted my log in the same thread. I've just realized you are the same person.

Still, this needs to get more attention.

On 4/30/2016 at 2:56 AM, Stytch Fingal said:

While playing last night with the update applied I found 45-50 crow feathers around a deer carcass at Unnamed Pond.

your latest version was? taking the piss? (off course not) screenshot? then again maybe they still fixing it.

I have two possible bugs while playing v.332 (voyageur):

1.    I shot the wolf at the hydro dam with an arrow inside the hallways and the arrow completely disappeared. No broken arrow, no regular arrow to be scavenged. It did not bounce anywhere as the hallway is small and I searched it well. I did find a broken arrow immediately after entering the lower level of the dam, not sure if it glitched to there.

2.    I got food poisoning from a candy bar (56% I believe). When I went to make some reishi tea to cure it, I drank the tea from the medical slot in my inventory instead of going through the first aid interface. The tea did not heal me. This does not make sense as drinking the tea is how you heal; I should not have to go through the first aid interface to create a healing effect (I don't think I should anyway, maybe there is a different thought process going on here).

On another note, the update is great!

2 hours ago, nicko said:

your latest version was? taking the piss? (off course not) screenshot? then again maybe they still fixing it.

No screenshot, still new to this interaction about a game so didn't think of it. First play on v.332, on a save from v.327. Hmm, I had gathered some cattails and grabbed the survival bow at Unnamed Pond just prior to saving at the cabin between there and the Clear Cut, so the area had already loaded on v.327. Maybe that's why? All other feather spawns I've found since have been normal.

Hi Raphael!

Firstly I will say that I absolutely love the recent content update. Love a good challenge.

I am an Xbox one user and want to give some feedback in terms of acknowledgement of updates.
I only know of updates when I see the game move higher up in my list of games that have most recent changes, and I feel like a child on christmas day when I see The Long Dark move to the top, in the hopes of a big content update or the anticipated Story Mode.

My suggestion would be, that since there have been a few hot fixes recently, would you please add a little "pop-up" or small announcement window update thing in on the menu screen when you go to select mode? or just Something so that I know what has changed, as I have been looking on the website for updates and the "updates" section hasn't been updated since the 4th of April. I only found out exactly what changed after I checked out this post in the forum.

I mean when I first played the new update I wondered where the Journal/Status/Inventory menu moved to! It was really disorientating. Hard to get used to using different buttons to do the same actions without knowing what to press. Died a few times before I found the radial menu to cure myself of affliction. :-P

Lots of love to all the team at Hinterland,
Max

• Mel Guille locked and unfeatured this topic

Archived