Stacking Items - incontinuity

Whether this is a bug or not is debatable, but it is a lack of continuity.  When manually placing items after dropping them from inventory only the deer hides will stack on top of each other.  Guts will not, nor will rabbit or wolf hides and a host of other items.  The items that don't stack have to be laid out side-by-side if they are moved from where they were dropped.  They do stack when dropped, but not when placed manually.  I haven't tried it with bear hide yet.  

If this were a suggestion, rather than a bug/incontinuity report, I'd request that flat items become stack-able.

On 4/30/2016 at 0:09 AM, ehevutov said:

I'm not sure if this helps, but stackable items have to have the same condition percentage in order to stack, I think.

That is not the stacking he is witnessing.

Yes, deer hides have been bugged since item placement was introduced.  They do not test for interference with other placed items when they are placed.  It's weird.

@selfless That's a rather inaccurate statement to make on how we test.

The inconsistency is a minor bug that we area aware of - We prioritize our work based on a number of criteria, including the impact and risk. At this point it's not something we've prioritized. We've fixed a lot of bugs in many systems over the last several months, but we're still in Early Access because we don't want to rush fixing and implementing everything. 

41 minutes ago, Support said:

@selfless That's a rather inaccurate statement to make on how we test.

o.O "They" was referring to the deer hide objects, as in "all other objects when moved with the <right-click> function seem to test the environment for placement conflicts."

If that is how you read my post then I don't understand the offense.

Oh! My apologies - I read that as they as in the devs - No offence taken, I just thought you were saying we didn't test the items manually, and obviously wanted to correct that. Again sorry for misreading that. 

Archived