How Not to Speedrun the "Hopeless Rescue" Challenge

cekivi

This is my current time sink.

I have yet to have Fluffy spawn at all thank God...but eventually once I post the whole thing once I complete it one of these days you'll see I've been attacked by wolves and got slaughtered by the bear earlier today.

That was actually a wolf...then bear combo...brutal that.

I know my route now...very well...it's just a matter of bad luck that I'm probably not going to finish it in my current run.

It really encourages me to start again...my fiancee is saying..."Well that looks familiar" a lot.

Just to confirm - this is the route you are talking about?

530202531_preview_Timberwolf_Mountain_SF

This is the route I took to get down. I pinched one of the ropes from the first plateau after you leave the summit and used the to rope up the other exit. Saved carrying an extra rope at all.  I didnt use the second rope spot, but instead just followed the mountain edge. I found it saved me a bit of time. I left right as the sun was rising. I was initially freaking out about time, but then before the sun was high in the sky, I was already leaving the map, and was at DP before the end of the day. I actually ended up sleeping in the lighthouse so I could fire my flare at night (I'd wanted to get there as night was falling so it was a cool ending, but I drastically over estimated the time it would take.)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cekivi said:

Nope, unless I'm very mistaken @RossBondReturns and I are using a slightly different route

Hidden Content

I had serious issues with my speedy descent, because the weather was crap and I was going to run out of time...I tried in the middle of the night to use no ropes to go down...but died before making it to the bottom.

In my current attempt I am almost done with my inbound to the Timberwolf Region. We'll see. I have yet to make it past the descent.

Holy moly...made it down...tracked through PV in a blizzard...and somehow found the transition mine to Coastal Highway...it's gonna be CLOSE!

Edited by RossBondReturns
Updating for my current progress!
  • Upvote 2

• 4 years later...