Alpha and Beta access

JetroKoro

How much can you hardly wait? Tell us.

Hardly can't.

:oops: Jetro is right. Of course I CAN’T wait. My mental distortion has reached an advanced level. ;) As I mentioned before in the Kickstarter comment section under the last KS update: My cheeks blushed instantly while I was reading your text, Raphael. Maybe I have empathised a bit too much with your typos. Or The Long Dark is the modern version of Jumanji. Behind every corner is a deadly danger.

Alpha is planned for May? Is that right? Because I still need a new pc that is powerful enough. My 7 year old Windows Vista laptop is slowly dying. Is there a tech sheet with the specs?

• Hinterland
How much can you hardly wait? Tell us.

Hardly can't.

:oops: Jetro is right. Of course I CAN’T wait. My mental distortion has reached an advanced level. ;) As I mentioned before in the Kickstarter comment section under the last KS update: My cheeks blushed instantly while I was reading your text, Raphael. Maybe I have empathised a bit too much with your typos. Or The Long Dark is the modern version of Jumanji. Behind every corner is a deadly danger.

Alpha is planned for May? Is that right? Because I still need a new pc that is powerful enough. My 7 year old Windows Vista laptop is slowly dying. Is there a tech sheet with the specs?

Oh, I wasn't picking on your grammar at all. Just like teasing you guys and hearing about how excited you are to play the game. :)

We haven't announced the Alpha dates yet.

Also, what typos? :)

I have pledged $65 CAD + $20 CAD for shipping. I would have pledged the $80 CAD package, but unfortunately it doesn't include the DVD Hardcase, so I had to choose the lower package.

That makes me a little sad, because I only have access to the Beta. :/

• Hinterland
I have pledged $65 CAD + $20 CAD for shipping. I would have pledged the $80 CAD package, but unfortunately it doesn't include the DVD Hardcase, so I had to choose the lower package.

Why don't you email us at info@hinterlandgames.com and we'll see if we can't figure something out for you.

Why don't you email us at info@hinterlandgames.com and we'll see if we can't figure something out for you.

Thanks for the hint! I've sent you a mail a couple minutes ago. I'm so exited about TLD that I would literally toss all my money at you. Unfortunatley I have to save a bit for the Oculus Rift to enjoy games like TLD later on with it. :D

I pledged for Alpha and Beta, but it was more out of a desire to support the developers than to get early access to the game. As extremely tempting as it would be to play the game before it is released, I'm really looking forward to the story and choices one can make, and I don't want to ruin any surprises. I was hesitant to even watch the story vignettes since I wanted to find those things myself, but eventually curiosity got the better of me... :x

As extremely tempting as it would be to play the game before it is released, I'm really looking forward to the story and choices one can make, and I don't want to ruin any surprises.

The Hinterland team are pretty good at keeping secrets [Raph won't even let me sneak a peak at the game screen when I pass by the studio window] :lol:

So curious myself, and almost worried about the types of groups or other survivors that will be encountered... can't even get a nudgin' of a hint about who we'll meet from the team.

• Hinterland
I pledged for Alpha and Beta, but it was more out of a desire to support the developers than to get early access to the game. As extremely tempting as it would be to play the game before it is released, I'm really looking forward to the story and choices one can make, and I don't want to ruin any surprises. I was hesitant to even watch the story vignettes since I wanted to find those things myself, but eventually curiosity got the better of me... :x

We have plans for how to address this. I'm definitely sensitive to not wanting to spoil any narrative content early. The early stages of Alpha will be focused on the Survival Sandbox, the mechanics that drive the overall simulation. There may be some light meta-narrative for logic and continuity, but I promise you won't ruin the story experience before we're ready for you to see it.

We have plans for how to address this. I'm definitely sensitive to not wanting to spoil any narrative content early. The early stages of Alpha will be focused on the Survival Sandbox, the mechanics that drive the overall simulation. There may be some light meta-narrative for logic and continuity, but I promise you won't ruin the story experience before we're ready for you to see it.

Awesome! In that case, I can't wait to begin testing :D

Oh, I wasn't picking on your grammar at all. Just like teasing you guys and hearing about how excited you are to play the game. :) [...] Also, what typos? :)

I see what you did there, Raphael. Well played. In that case I have to confess that I hang around on the Kickstarter page every day for serveral hours. Same for Facebook, Twitter, intothelongdark.com. I want to soak everthing up that comes out. I am so proud of "my baby". (Well, actually it is the Hinterland’s baby, but anyway.) See how addicted and dedicated I am to the project.) /end of fanboying

That typos:

"Woah...apologies for the terrible typos in my previous Backer Update tweet. I got excited for a second and forgot how to type." Source: @RaphLife on Twitter, April 1st, 2014 ;)

I am not your personal stalker, btw. Just saying. :)

This is cool, as I agree and don't know if I will play the game before it's "complete"... Although my curiosity may get the better of me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived