Game runs on monitor labeled "1" regardless of primary display setting.

LyciaPintella

• Bug description: So normally my games will launch on my primary display selected in system>display in Windows. My secondary monitor is actually labeled "1" but is not selected as the primary display device, which is monitor 2. 
  • OS (PC, Mac, etc.): windows 10, currently up to date. 
  • Repro steps: Launching the game
  • System info: Windows 10 up to date, Radeon 7870 2gb, Driver Packaging Version
    16.15.2211.1001-160403a-301124E
  • Visibility: Appears to be every time.
  • Temp workaround: In windows display settings, set "Multiple displays" to "Show only on 2." This disables my secondary monitor and allows the game to run on my main screen.

Possible duplicate of :

Suggested workaround is:

The game remembers what monitor it last ran on. What you can do is while in game hit alt+enter then drag the window over to the second monitor then hit alt+enter again. It should now start on the correct monitor. 

I had reinstalled windows so it was defaulting to monitor one instead of remembering monitor one, in this case. It should check for the primary display device. In my case, I have my second monitor turned away from me as I normally have it setup for games or shows for another family member, so when I launched the game I didn't see it at all for a moment or so until I peeked around. I've had the game a while, put about 80 hours into it in previous patches, and don't recall it ever launching on my secondary screen.

Same happens to me. I didn't reinstall OS or change anything though. It launches on monitor "1" which is not my primary display. Maybe add an option in video settings where you can choose which monitor it should run on?

• 1 month later...

It is still a problem. It still starts on not main display. To play it I have to disable all other monitors to force the game to play on my main one. Not sure what has changed as before it was working okay.

Giving us an option to choose which monitor to use should solve the issue.

I had same issue, after playing on old laptop: settings synchronized via steam. And my first monitor is vertical. Solved this by setting windowed mode, dragging window to proper display, setting fullscreen mode back and restarting the game.

Archived