HOTFIX The Long Dark Sandbox to v.325

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Hello Community! 

We just released a hotfix to The Long Dark Sandbox, to address a few issues we encountered from the big update, "Tireless Menace", released earlier today. 

THE LONG DARK SANDBOX HOTFIXED TO v.325 CHANGELIST

* Fixed issue where some containers could be inactive when containing hides. 
* Fixed issue with not being able to rebind the Forward key. 
* Fixed issue with not being able to Rest while having the Sprain affliction. 
* Removed the "Sleep Until Rested" button as it was causing some bugs. This functionality can be accomplished with the current "Rest" and "Pass Time" buttons. 
* Fixed issue with "Risk"-type afflictions preventing gradual Condition recovery. 
* Sort items in inventory using the basic gear name (not the Condition descriptor). 
* Fixed issue with player not being able to walk up steps to the deck of the Abandoned Harris Home. 
* Fixed issue with blood effects not playing when wildlife shot with rifle or arrows. 
* Fixed issue with controller disconnect screen appearing behind Challenge Mode game over UI.
* Fixed issue with reticule dot visible when holding the Distress Pistol. 

###END OF CHANGELIST###

1 minute ago, Skitfaced said:

Haha "OH WAIT ONE SEC LEMME GET THAT FOR YA REAL QUICK" is what I imagine it sounded like at the office

It shows how good their programmers work ethic is. I had a similair programmer once who would just do stuff whenever we needed him to, such as when we ran into a bug during playtesting.

I've not been able to update my game yet. I did read somewhere that GOG needs to manually approve updates, is this correct?

I'll be patient, but I'm wondering if it might be something else (I don't want to wait while the solution is in my face xD ),

Mmm i have some strange "bugs". I am playing the challange of the bear hunting me.

- a car in front of the farm building in pleasant valley. the other day after sleeping in the farm house going outside, the car turned red. i am >95% sure, that it wasn't red the day before, when i arrived

- i found a rifle (unfortunately i am unable to remember where i found it and took it with me. in the "radio control hut" on signal hill i decided to drop it, because as i did not find any bullets it was quite useless to carry always around. now it's gone from my inventory, but it is not lying around anywhere in the hut.

Besides that, great upgrade. The challanges are a lot of fun.

• Hinterland
6 hours ago, Blinkin said:

I've not been able to update my game yet. I did read somewhere that GOG needs to manually approve updates, is this correct?

I'll be patient, but I'm wondering if it might be something else (I don't want to wait while the solution is in my face xD ),

Still working on the GOG builds.

I'm getting eager to play when I read through the forums haha.
Any update on when GOG receives the update and hotfix? I thought the DRM-free version didn't differ much from the DRM version. Or is the new update system of GOG complicated? Just wondering...

So I played just before the update and my little camp was in the cave on the peak of timberwolf mountain. I had all sorts of goodies strewn in every corner of the cave and I even had my bearskin bedroll laid out. Jumped on to check the update but today and noticed that rocks have been added in if back left corner of it and now everything in that corner is covered up or gone I assume.

Archived