[POLL] Game Style

SteveP

Game Style  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is mainly for fun poll but hopefully can provide Hinterland with insight into player demographics and play style.

I apologize in advance for the poll complexity. We can only have 3 questions per poll and I have incorporated 7 independent parameters (questions)

1. Game difficulty (low, med., high)
  2. Coordination required (low, med., high)
  3. Strategy required (low, med., high)
  4. Support all styles of play or not
  5. Coordination skill of respondent (low, med., high)
  6. Strategy skill of respondent (low, med., high)
  7. Age

In comments please indicate other factors and if you think polls should permit more than three questions and also if you want to be able to change your vote if another question or option is added.

13 minutes ago, Pillock said:

Coordination skill is stuff like aiming the weapons well and clicking really fast to fight wolves, yeah?

I would say rapid aiming is high coordination. The left and right click wolf battle was high coordination. Mashing a single button fast is somewhere is fairly easy. I can twitch my finger pretty fast but I can't coordinate several different buttons in sequence rapidly. It improves with practice. To more fully expand, please indicate whether you find rapid left mouse button to be easy or hard in the comments.

The current overall coordination level of the game seems to be fairly moderate to me while I am sure experienced gamers will find it very easy.

Overall I want the game to be quite hard except in Pilgrim. I don't know the effort required but perhaps a 4 level difficulty setting would be better. IIRC Doom et al had 5 levels of difficulty.

If I had the option of more questions in a poll, I could make it much easier to build a nice poll and easier for the users to understand. I could have put even more questions I could have added specific issues such as using the torch to keep off wild life, or the ease with which one can pluck torches from a fire. There seems to be a concerted efforts to limit the capabilities of torches; I like torches just the way they are myself but others think they are unfairly easy.

We could do a lot more with polls/surveys if there was a larger sample size and if statistical correlations could be made between independent and possibly dependent parameters. By this I mean being able to determine if the player's skill desires correspond to his/her skill level/experience and increasing age where coordination suffers. Young players may also have challenges with coordination. I believe I read that the game demographics is quite diverse!

Archived