Lost save game

Maikleeps

Hello,

Today I lost my save game and want to know if I can retrieve it anyhow?

What happend? I ended the game after it saved automatically. While in the main menu and waiting for the text "quit game" to appear I accidentally switched off electricity (my stupidity - no doubt). After rebooting the system I was curious to find out if that incident had an effect on my savegame - yes the save game has vanished. What's weird too, the language had changed to German - before it was Englisch.

Can you help me please? Is there a backup?

We don't control the actual storage of saves on the Xbox One, as they are stored in Microsoft cloud. You can try clearing your local saves for The Long Dark. This will reboot the console and re-download what's on the Microsoft servers. 

This link explains how to clear your saves, just make sure you only clear the local saves - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/cloud-game-saves-faq#55ad7eab9ba74661a10b93ccfbd45b19

As for things being in German? Is that the dashboard or just the game?

Thank you for prompt reply. I am playing TLD on PC, not on XBox. Is there something similar for PC? I even looked ar the save game destination. There are two save games but none of them are up to date. Save games shown in TLD is only one (that is from September 2015. There should be two (including the one that is missing).

The main menu (dash board) was swtiched to German the first time I opened the game after rebooting. I didn't start a new game.

My apologies - I saw this was posted in the Xbox forum, so I assumed that was the platform. I've moved it to the PC.

What location are you looking for the save files in? They should be located in c:\users\<yourusername>\appdata\local\hinterland

We don't currently offer cloud saves (but it's coming soon) - It's possible that when you switched off power data was corrupted but recovered to an earlier state. 

Yes

On 18.4.2016 at 7:12 PM, Support said:

What location are you looking for the save files in? They should be located in c:\users\<yourusername>\appdata\local\hinterland

That is the precise location I was looking for the savegame. I'm pretty sure that the savegame is lost. I still don't know why the whole folder has disappeared. I think this a Windows bug - a developer may say that this is the user's fault B|

Archived