How immersive is your gameplay?

piddy3825

I think I have been playing TLD a little too much lately...

The other night I was playing a Stalker game on Mystery Lake , having one of the best runs that I have had in a while.  I was geared up & my aim was keen and my gun was clean.  I had already vanquished 3 wolves and was looking for number four when I started hearing clicking footsteps from behind I quickly crouched and spun around, waiting, anticipating, ready for action and nothing.  Sound had stopped, I scanned the area around me, nothing.  

I continue to play working my way down the track from the derailment towards the train loading area when again I start hearing the clicking footsteps, I kinda got a little panicky 'cause there isn't much cover down there and my condition was kinda low on account that I had harvested that kilo of meat/skin and gut off that deer carcass that's always laying there.  Again, I crouched and swung an angry arc with my rifle looking for fluffy, nothing.

Its getting dark now about an hour of daylight remaining and I am freezing, almost to the dam and the relative safety that it has to offer,  there's the bridge to cross and I am home free.  Oh no, I hear the footsteps clicking behind me again, louder this time, louder than ever before, I can feel the presence of something behind me, standing there, looking, waiting, wanting, breathing heavily and hungry... ...an endless bottomless hunger...  Fear starts to grip me...

I spin around, yeah, you guessed it.  It's my dog!  I am so gonna get those nails clipped!

Just now, piddy3825 said:

I think I have been playing TLD a little too much lately...

The other night I was playing a Stalker game on Mystery Lake , having one of the best runs that I have had in a while.  I was geared up & my aim was keen and my gun was clean.  I had already vanquished 3 wolves and was looking for number four when I started hearing clicking footsteps from behind I quickly crouched and spun around, waiting, anticipating, ready for action and nothing.  Sound had stopped, I scanned the area around me, nothing.  

I continue to play working my way down the track from the derailment towards the train loading area when again I start hearing the clicking footsteps, I kinda got a little panicky 'cause there isn't much cover down there and my condition was kinda low on account that I had harvested that kilo of meat/skin and gut off that deer carcass that's always laying there.  Again, I crouched and swung an angry arc with my rifle looking for fluffy, nothing.

Its getting dark now about an hour of daylight remaining and I am freezing, almost to the dam and the relative safety that it has to offer,  there's the bridge to cross and I am home free.  Oh no, I hear the footsteps clicking behind me again, louder this time, louder than ever before, I can feel the presence of something behind me, standing there, looking, waiting, wanting, breathing heavily and hungry... ...an endless bottomless hunger...  Fear starts to grip me...

I spin around, yeah, you guessed it.  It's my dog!  I am so gonna get those nails clipped!

Yeah, you've been playing TLD too much lately . . .

TBH, you had me ROFLSHISTC!

On 4/10/2016 at 10:39 PM, piddy3825 said:

Oh no, I hear the footsteps clicking behind me again, louder this time, louder than ever before, I can feel the presence of something behind me, standing there, looking, waiting, wanting, breathing heavily and hungry... ...an endless bottomless hunger...  Fear starts to grip me...

That's hilarious! Imagine if your dog had suddenly howled at that moment.

The funny thing is, the sound design in this game really sucks me in. I always turn the volume on my headphones way up, trying to hear every little audio clue about the environment.

Archived