Wooden Torch?

midnight

Would it be possible to be able to make a wooden torch from gathered wood and cloth and fueled by the kerosene? it would be like a match but size x10. cold be used to see in the dark, keep warm and also a form of defense from a wolf attack... momentarily. I used all the lanterns for scrap metal and I was like "I have all this Kerosene and cloth and wood and I'm in the dark"

NICE! cool. Would a bottle of whiskey or moonshine work to keep warm? Ha! replacing some clothing? the visual can be temporary but would look like the visual of when Will is at about 1% of life and everything is blurred and trails everywhere. just for a fun factor and visual enhancement... it can be used to keep warm but if danger is ahead (wolf or blizzard) then your pretty much screwed. So drinking the alcohol could be beneficial or detrimental under the circumstance. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

In this light, it would be great if we could use animal fat (harvested from deer/ wolves) as the fuel for a torch.

@midnight while drinking alcoholic beverages may make you feel warmer, this is because alcohol widens your veins, therefor increasing your blood flow. Yes, you will feel warmer, but you actually lose body heat much faster.

@midnight while drinking alcoholic beverages may make you feel warmer, this is because alcohol widens your veins, therefor increasing your blood flow. Yes, you will feel warmer, but you actually lose body heat much faster.

so true @elloco999 I guess it would be beneficial for a short period of time like the lantern for heat and detrimental because you would end up freezing faster which would make the game even harder then it already is for getting around outside... probably freeze 5x faster and fatigue would sky rocket making the player think twice about drinking it. It would be a good negative! as if the game wasn't hard enough as it is...

Archived