One way door at mystery lake dam

Mork

Hello,

I've encounter a design issue in the Mystery Lake region. I was in the dam, exploring. I exited the dam by the door of the lower level. I just wanted to explore a bit before night, but when I turned back, it was just impossible to interact with the door.
I'm not sure if it's a bug in the design of the level or if it's intentional. But, if it's intentional, I don't understand. I mean, it can't be blocked as I used it earlier, and if there was no handle on the outside, anybody in real life could see it and thus block the door open.

Well, I thought it was just an oversight in the level design, because even if the door were there, it's like it was just a wall. No interaction, no message saying why I can't open it again. I found it strange (in fact I found it frustrating, since I had no choice but to die from cold when the night came, since I was unprepared for a night outside) so in doubt, I prefer reporting it.
Well, anyway, that wasn't my first death, and it surely won't be the last!

I played this game just few hours but I already find it really great and immersive, I'm very exited at the idea of the futur story mode. Nice job guys!

- Mork

Hi Mork

Nanu nanu, yes the door is by design.  It's a fire door so only handles on the inside.  There is another way back in but I won't say where so as not to spoil anything for you but hint: if you were to lock yourself out of the front door at home where would you think to look next before phoning a locksmith!

39 minutes ago, Mork said:

Hello,

I've encounter a design issue in the Mystery Lake region. I was in the dam, exploring. I exited the dam by the door of the lower level. I just wanted to explore a bit before night, but when I turned back, it was just impossible to interact with the door.
I'm not sure if it's a bug in the design of the level or if it's intentional. But, if it's intentional, I don't understand. I mean, it can't be blocked as I used it earlier, and if there was no handle on the outside, anybody in real life could see it and thus block the door open.

Well, I thought it was just an oversight in the level design, because even if the door were there, it's like it was just a wall. No interaction, no message saying why I can't open it again. I found it strange (in fact I found it frustrating, since I had no choice but to die from cold when the night came, since I was unprepared for a night outside) so in doubt, I prefer reporting it.
Well, anyway, that wasn't my first death, and it surely won't be the last!

I played this game just few hours but I already find it really great and immersive, I'm very exited at the idea of the futur story mode. Nice job guys!

- Mork

Hi Mork, and welcome to the forums! Great that you have joined us here. Sorry to hear that door proved to be the end of that particular adventure. As others have noted here, it's not truly a "one way trip," even if it might look that way at first. 

And nice to hear you enjoying the game so far in any case. :big_smile:Even after the tough moments, it good to pick yourself up again. We've all been there, in one way or another. 

--Patrick

57 minutes ago, Mork said:

Well, I thought it was just an oversight in the level design, because even if the door were there, it's like it was just a wall. No interaction, no message saying why I can't open it again.

Yeah thats true... Maybe we need a signal or hud message that says "Cant open from this side"
Or maybe... the charater could say "I need to ind another way in", so that can give us an idea ;)

Archived