Mac Bugs

Schneidox

I've had two major bugs:

- Sometimes when I walk into a building, it looks like I've walked into the sky and keep falling. I'm unable to do anything and have to exit the game.

- Can't sleep in a car. Have tried over and over by clicking on the sleeping bag in my inventory and no sleep menu pops up. I think it may be a Mac issue but not sure.

That's it.

1 minute ago, Schneidox said:

I've had two major bugs:

- Sometimes when I walk into a building, it looks like I've walked into the sky and keep falling. I'm unable to do anything and have to exit the game.

- Can't sleep in a car. Have tried over and over by clicking on the sleeping bag in my inventory and no sleep menu pops up. I think it may be a Mac issue but not sure.

That's it.

Hmm, the sleeping bag needs to be placed from inventory before it can be used. As such, it may not be placeable in a car as there isn't a flat surface large enough for it to be used? I haven't tried that myself. 

As for the first bug, I haven't yet encountered it, and have already put over 90 hours into the game in just two short weeks. I've explored all the maps and nearly all the interiors, if not all of them. So maybe not necessarily a Mac issue as a specific Mac issue?

Not sure but I have 125 hours logged, been to all maps, alive for 133 days and it's happened twice. 

As for the sleeping bag, I've read on many forums that its possible and that you can't equip the bag in the car, you're supposed to click on it from your inventory and the sleep menu should appear.

6 minutes ago, Schneidox said:

Not sure but I have 125 hours logged, been to all maps, alive for 133 days and it's happened twice. 

As for the sleeping bag, I've read on many forums that its possible and that you can't equip the bag in the car, you're supposed to click on it from your inventory and the sleep menu should appear.

Hi Schneidox! Welcome to the forums. :)

You can actually sleep in a car with or without a bedroll. Just hit the "bedroll" button on the status screen when you are inside and the normal sleep interface menu should pop up. It can get cold in there though, so watch out!

--Patrick

In regards to falling through the world, this is something we've had reported on a couple rare occasions. We're looking into why it happens. This is difficult, however, as we've not seen it reproduced internally. Do you recall seeing anything out of the ordinary prior to falling through the world? 

Only the first time it happened, maybe somewhere around day 50. I noticed the gameplay was getting a bit choppy outside the trappers house, walked in and boom. It looks like you're in the sky with no clouds and nothing all around you. You can equip weapons and shoot and run but it seems like you're falling the whole time. 

The second time was much later around day 130. Got back from killing a bear on the lake, walked into the gas station and it happened. No signs of choppiness or anything that time. 

Archived