Found something . . .

Went to the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) today. First time at a Comic Con, wandered around befuddled by all the cosplay characters and the comic books and the art and the . . . Well, let's say the last time I read a comic book it was before most of these kids were born . . . 

Anyway, the big reason I went is because a co-worker of mine and his partner had a booth in Artist's Alley. So I went to see them and to show my support. The partner had some really quirky pieces that I liked, but one just screamed "TLD!!" at me. I looked at it and it was a face palm moment - no wonder Mr. Bear is always so cranky!

POBear.thumb.jpg.a7a3e31d8c3fa114046dcd2

Steph had no "story" for this piece. Tom told me he's always telling her that she needs to come up with stories for her original work. I said sometimes it's better to let the viewer provide the story. So here's mine:

Mr. Bear knew he needed to get that honey before winter. It would keep him fat during hibernation. He found a couple of chainsaws still full of fuel and cut the Bee Tree down. Being a bear, Mr. Bear did not realize that he had to cut the tree that way, not this way, and he discovered the hard way why. Covered in honey from the shattered hive, he found the chainsaws pretty much useless against the assault by the Bee Gang. So no honey, and no hibernation this coming winter. He would have to stay awake and keep looking for food. 

Enjoy!

On 3/21/2016 at 4:42 PM, hauteecolerider said:

With his teeth, of course! 

I'm assuming these are gas-powered chainsaws, the kind with the pull cords. Like everything else in TLD, they would have some fuel in them.:winky:

I should have known that any bear clever enough to have chainsaws instead of paws would know how to start them. ;) Now he/she just needs to take on the bees!

Archived