Personal best number of days survived?

Striker

What is your personal best?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The trick is the cave system. Once you find the caves you have a safe place to rest, warm up, cook, repair clothes etc. The caves also bring you right to the summit if you bring some ropes to connect them together. That's how you can climb Timberwolf mountain without freezing or getting mauled. :)

201 days. Just to get that last achievement. The more interesting part is when you still lack some equipment. Would like to experience the "end-game" once, when you start running out of resources. But last I remember rabbit hunting and the magnifying glass permitted endless survival, and even without that the mid-game would be too long and grinding to get to the end-game.

9 hours ago, Hotzn said:

201 days. Just to get that last achievement. The more interesting part is when you still lack some equipment. Would like to experience the "end-game" once, when you start running out of resources. But last I remember rabbit hunting and the magnifying glass permitted endless survival, and even without that the mid-game would be too long and grinding to get to the end-game.

You could try mellow_swe's Birthday Suit Challenge to imitate endgame conditions, Hotzn. I've experienced the "real" endgame only once myself during my 777 day (non-hibernation) leaderboard run about one year ago and this challenge is pretty close to the original experience. Not exactly the same ofc. (can't be, times were different back then without bow or respawning bears, less ressources, different repair and foraging mechanics, etc.), but meat acquisition and firemaking are pretty similar. Guess this challenge is as close as you can get to endgame conditions unless you want to continue playing your game for another 5000 days.:winky:

• 6 months later...

Lasted longest on Pilgrim for 35 days, working my way through harder modes now that I have a better handle on game mechanics :) 

The worst part about my pilgrim save was that I died because I forgot how to go from the coastal highway and mystery lake even though I must've done it a thousand times already. I got stuck on a ledge and couldn't get back up so I had to jump with no other options in sight. :(

2 hours ago, justjokingnot said:

I got stuck on a ledge and couldn't get back up so I had to jump with no other options in sight

At that point, as long as you're not injured (and thus had the game saved) you can always quit and reload to your last save point. This is occasionally necessary if you get stuck on a piece of terrain somewhere. Remember that the game only saves on entering a structure with an interior (i.e. separate map), sleeping, or becoming injured.

I've switched to stalker pretty fast, played and died a lot of time since I play very very risky and while I still had to explore the game I wanted to have the maximum fun. My max is day 50 on stalker I suppose, the save is still up. I've discovered TWM and explored it untill I got to the top. I've found too many things up there so I've left my character thinking about life and communism on the summit.

Now I'm playing interloper, I'm around 17th attempt. Max day 10, I'm now on 10 again, the plan is to keep going! I'm still playing super risky (17% health just yesterday) so I don't know how long I will last...

Archived