Personal best number of days survived?

Striker

What is your personal best?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My longest were a bit under 200 days. Then one day i woke up, counted all my hoarded supplies, estimated that could last for at least 4 years with what i had without much trouble and current rate of spendings, more if i would go full on hibernation. Thought "meh" and started new game instead, since i had nothing nothing else to do in current game, hibernation is for losers(since whole mechanic is completely broken) and leaderboards do not interest me in the slightest.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have been on day 225 if my sandbox hadn't self-deleted when there was a blackout while I was in the middle of gaming. I remember clearly: I was near Clearcut when it happened and had found my very first Prepper's Cache. I'd just left it was was walking down the mountain, heard the SNAP of my ankle spraining, walked a few paces, and then BAM! My apartment went dark. A few minutes later power was restored and I booted my PC and "Sandbox1" was gone. Just gone... :(

My current game is over 150 days but under 200.

51 minutes ago, cekivi said:

That just sucks @Wasteland Watcher :(

My personal best is 200 days+ but I was using the hibernation exploit solely to get the achievement :)

I mainly play to explore so by 200 days there's little left to explore and so I have little reason to play.

Thanks Cekivi. I cried inside for a few minutes when that happened then started a new sandbox :normal:

I'm still on Coastal Highway and was thinking of going to DP next but have changed plans to go to PV first and gather all the scrap metal I can find and transport it to CH.
I've got all the scrap metal from ML & CH stored in a house near where CH meets the Broken Freeway already.
After exploring DP and turning all the scrap into forged knives I will bring all the knives back to CH and store them there and then make my way to TM.
After completion of exploring TW, unless I find somewhere there that really calls out to me, I am positive I will move back to Mystery Lake and live in the Forestry Outlook at least until I get down to not having any metal tools.

I wonder how long I'll last after making a bunch of forged knives.
I've only found six whetstones, five hatchets, and four knives so far and try to harvest meat with only my hands whenever possible. I never break down tree limbs and only use the hatchet for frozen meat.
Anyhow, at this point either the Forestry Outlook+Unnamed Cabin on ML or Rabbit Grove cabin are looking like the best place for a long-term with no hibernation play through.
I guess only time will tell.

There's always the farmhouse :)

Super long term that would be my choice. Although I have noticed that the number of rabbits nearby was decreased recently. The wolves in the area never spawn near the farmhouse itself and it's fairly easy to steer deer towards them. Gathering firewood would be difficult though...

For my own curiosity, wouldn't you be better off making arrow heads and not forged knives so you can hunt large game for a longer period of time in a 2000 day+ run?

I'm at 235 days and am prepping to climb to the summit of Timberwolf.  I just need 2 pairs of deer skin pants, and 2 pairs of boots and I'm good to go.  Wolves and bunnies I find are in ample supply most places. :)

And due to my little bear shooting problem I have enough skins to make another bedroll, just trying to decide if I want 3 bed rolls.  I'd have to move to another map for that.  All asumes I don't starve to death, die of food poisoning or am jumped by a gang of wolves, or forget to boil water, or....

Currently my gameplay is 200+ (230) and im not doing any kind of hibernation... i just cant stop moving jajaj
my longest stay on one place was in ML preparing all the clothes to travel (70 days, then i traveled to CH and PV)
and in CH preparing mooore things to travel (from CH to DP to CH to PV and finnaly TWM)

Now im waiting for the story mode... but i want to travel to DP again cause in this game i miss the cavern... the last one

my last and longest run, 54 days, was ended by a pack of wolves at unnamed pond in ML. i was broadcasting on Twitch at the time. and im not good at multitasking, i was trying to commentate over my broadcast while i snuck around the wolves, and one saw me, so i shot him with an arrow. on my way back to recover the arrow, 2 wolves saw me at the same time. i shot one, then the other attacked me, then the wounded one came back around to finish me off.

i need to learn to pay attention. its ALWAYS the wolves..

6 hours ago, lolmuffin said:

50 days. I should make all leather clothes before going PV

You can do without if you're careful. I did the entire mountain in commercial clothes with the exception of deerskin pants and boots. If you had cargo pants and insulated boots you can easily do it.

Personally, I'm fine with people bragging regardless of the difficulty. There's a learning curve for the Long Dark and if it's your first time playing and you reach 100 days on Voyager that's still an achievement. However, as you get familiar with the mechanics I suspect "Stalker" just becomes the natural default. So, if you're a new player, brag away! Still doing leader board runs on Pilgrim after playing for 100 hrs solely because it's the easiest to survive... maybe not :silly:

226 days and ticking on my voyager game. I started a game in Stalker, got up to day 50 something and decided to switch... way too much meat in my lockers. And all those dead animals left to rot... nah. I think voyager is my mode unless the spawn rate gets changed :) 

100 days on first playthru, no matter difficulty, would be... wow... i mean... hell... just WOW.

Ive seen a lot of LD streams, aside of playing myself. I never seen any1 making even past 1 week the first time(most people last for 2-3 days max). By my estimates it takes about 20-30 deaths to get familiar enough with game to be able survive for any prolonged amount of time, and im not even talking 100 days.

My first play through is still the longest, at 123 days. It's Pilgrim mode, so I only had to deal with the climate and my own acts of stupidity. I did have several close calls, including a bear attack and a wolf attack. I suffered hypothermia twice, multiple sprains because I couldn't put that bedroll down (and all the extra firewood) because I was so scared of being caught out in a blizzard. I was glad of the load though, because it meant I could use caves (the ones without loading screens) for quick shelter. 

Now Voyager, that's a different story . . . I finally hit 30 days on the third try, and while I'm still struggling, it's easing up a little bit. I haven't explored all of Mystery Lake, and have not yet gone to the dam, but that's okay. Soon, though, since I'm running out of cloths to maintain those few pieces I'm still using. 

Played before difficulties were added :)

1st death was falling through the trestle bridge due to a bug at ~1 week in. That was bad

2nd death was freezing/wounded/starving since I didn't understand the healing mechanics yet

3rd death was due to a game update :silly:

4th play through (when I started my let's play series) is currently at 200+ days :geek:

Although I got bored with it so they're currently permanently hibernating in Desolation Point. I like loading it up every so often because the save is old enough that it still has a 24 hour clock :big_smile:

I've mostly played Voyager although I finally mastered the mechanics enough to start a Stalker run (play though #8)

I had half a dozen previously played deceased characters on Voyager.  My learning curve went up sharply.  First death was day 1, second death day 3, then next few were 20-30.  Then bam - the current one is Day 220. No hibernation at all.

I think I could play on Stalker, but I don't want to.  I started a couple of games, and got annoyed with the wildlife.  I don't particularly enjoy the wolf-dodging, even on Voyager, so I'm not interested in a Stalker game.  My Voyager game has a happy balance where I can explore and do things, and keep the wildlife at an arm's length.  I'm not interested in bragging rights, I'm just doing my own thing.

15 minutes ago, Vhalkyrie said:

I had half a dozen previously played deceased characters on Voyager.  My learning curve went up sharply.  First death was day 1, second death day 3, then next few were 20-30.  Then bam - the current one is Day 220. No hibernation at all.

I think I could play on Stalker, but I don't want to.  I started a couple of games, and got annoyed with the wildlife.  I don't particularly enjoy the wolf-dodging, even on Voyager, so I'm not interested in a Stalker game.  My Voyager game has a happy balance where I can explore and do things, and keep the wildlife at an arm's length.  I'm not interested in bragging rights, I'm just doing my own thing.

Depending on the size of the next update I may start a new Voyager run for that exact reason. Stalker is fun... but only to a certain point :)

I must be out of my mind based on the number of hours I've put into this game, my Steam account says 450+, but without having a reason to live long, the game gets boring with the dull routine mechanics of keeping the protagonist alive.  My longest Pilgrim run extended well past 250+ days before I decided to abandon that run in order to start something new.  only having 5 slots sometimes you gotta juggle your scenarios.  

On 4/7/2016 at 10:42 PM, cekivi said:

You can do without if you're careful. I did the entire mountain in commercial clothes with the exception of deerskin pants and boots. If you had cargo pants and insulated boots you can easily do it.

but PV was like ice cold everyday. Only one day in a week was so cleaned day so I went out for some hours, after that i was going back to home then freakin whiteout comes out!

Archived