New Corpse on Mystery Lake

bkrownd

I bought this game primarily because I grew up in a wintery climate and LOVE winter, but find myself stuck in hawaii longing for proper seasons.  The first day I played was gray and rainy here, and after a couple hours playing The Long Dark with gray skies outside the window I really felt like it was winter!  Love it! :D

Just now, hauteecolerider said:

For those of us who don't live in England, just exactly what is marmite?

Lol, it's a really salty thick spread made from yeast extract (leftovers from beer making).  I use it more for cooking than on toast.  There's a saying you either love it or you hate it (hence my profile pic)!

Check it out on youtube, it's highly amusing...

2 minutes ago, illanthropist said:

Lol, it's a really salty thick spread made from yeast extract (leftovers from beer making).  I use it more for cooking than on toast.  There's a saying you either love it or you hate it (hence my profile pic)!

i've never had it before :P but i've wanted to try it. i don't believe its available on many american shelves

21 minutes ago, illanthropist said:

Like this one? 

17 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

i've never had it before :P but i've wanted to try it. i don't believe its available on many american shelves

it is easy to find Marmite in the US.  Most people unfamiliar with it make the mistake of using too much at once.  It is not peanut butter.  Spread it THINLY on toast.  Just a tiny smear.  Very strong flavor.  

I got tired of dying to from wolf attacks, so I've been doing a game in pilgrim mode which is so much easier.  It gives me a chance to do some crafting, since my hides and guts are finally able to cure.  

Found my first bunker today after several days of searching for them. ;)   Still no Marmite, though. :/  Plenty of goodies in this spider hole, and I even may need the free calories soon.  So cozy!

Archived