[Poll] How much should TLD be changed?

rune

How much should TLD be changed?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The first season of story mode is coming, and things seem pretty positive in terms of the team securing enough momentum to take on a second season, including a sandbox development period. I'm just as excited to be involved in that as I am about getting the polished first instalment. 

I think there is a logical end point to the winter experience, but there are four seasons and Raphael has indicated he'd like to see "a year of The Long Dark". So if all goes well there will be drastic changes, but they'll be separate content chunks one doesn't necessarily have to buy into. 

I would like to see lots more functionality. My preference would be to see more features for Sandbox and less concern for Story mode. If we could have a version of TLD where two players could play at once having the ability to customize the player's appearance could greatly assist the process of creating video in support of the cut scenes for Story mode. It seems that there must be a lot of art work involved with making those scenes from still shots if that is how it's going to be done. It would be nice to have insight into the process and what might be the roadblocks or challenges. Community support could really help too.:)

On 2016-03-17 at 10:42 PM, rune said:

I've seen a lot of suggestions here on the forums, and I was wondering about the community's serious opinion on changes to the game.

Only 13 votes so far. Well it's Friday night so maybe everyone is playing the game.

Personally, I think seasons are a must. It just makes sense and will enhance gameplay -- like when planning for the winter during summer/fall. Not sure how you guys can factor the melting of ice and snow, but I look forward to spending a summer day at the lake only wearing my deerskin boots and a toque. lol just kidding, but yeah, seasons. 

I'm fine with any changes so long as the focus remains on surviving the elements and the haunted atmosphere of the game. I played a popular mod a few years ago that had some very fun survival aspects, but the whole thing got bogged down with pvp and a ridiculous amount of sniper rifles to the point that the survival aspect became moot. As long as TLD sticks to its original vision, I'll be a happy camper (freezing to death sometimes, but happy).

I cannot remember where I had read this but, I'm pretty sure that season changes has already been announced. After all these episodes are released. The next "game" or chapter is supposed to be spring..

now this was quite some time ago when I had read this. And I do believe it was from a hinterland team member.. But I could be off on that..

A lot of what I'd like to see has been mentioned but I'd really like to see some sort of addition of NPC's in Sand Box. Even if it's passive like a glimpse of a human figure walking in the distance, discovering another characters journal, with their notes about encounters etc, finding a strange set of foot prints in the snow that might lead to an interesting discovery like another characters cache or recent wolf attack. I'm guessing some of this will appear in story mode but the addition to the sand box would make for more dynamic immersion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2016 at 0:44 PM, Pasquinel said:

A lot of what I'd like to see has been mentioned but I'd really like to see some sort of addition of NPC's in Sand Box. Even if it's passive like a glimpse of a human figure walking in the distance

Imagine how spooky it would be if they added this to sandbox and didn't announce it. I would totally freak out if I saw a person strolling along the top of Carter Hydro Dam!

Archived