Greetings from Québec!

Kyonshi

Hi everyone! I'm a 38 years old guy from Montréal and as you can expect, i'm French-Canadian. Surely there's others like me playing TLD and present on the forums, would be glad to hear from you! =)

So far i've been able to survive 20 days or so. I've posted a short story about my last hours in that last game, on the Fan Creations board. I absolutely love this game, its simply enthralling. Kudos to the studio who put up one of the most original game of the 21st century!

20 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Hi everyone! I'm a 38 years old guy from Montréal and as you can expect, i'm French-Canadian. Surely there's others like me playing TLD and present on the forums, would be glad to hear from you! =)

So far i've been able to survive 20 days or so. I've posted a short story about my last hours in that last game, on the Fan Creations board. I absolutely love this game, its simply enthralling. Kudos to the studio who put up one of the most original game of the 21st!

Welcome Kyonshi! Will definitely be checking out your story. Out of curiosity, how did you find your way here? :big_smile:

--Patrick

• 4 weeks later...
On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Kyonshi said:

So far i've been able to survive 20 days or so. I've posted a short story about my last hours in that last game, on the Fan Creations board. I absolutely love this game, its simply enthralling. Kudos to the studio who put up one of the most original game of the 21st century!

How's Montreal? I've been wanting to see the province of Quebec for a very long time so I just figured I would ask to see how it was from a cultural            prespective. :)

On 2016-04-10 at 1:05 AM, Diamondz said:

How's Montreal? I've been wanting to see the province of Quebec for a very long time so I just figured I would ask to see how it was from a cultural            prespective. :)

From a cultural perspective, Montréal is very diversified. It has a lot of different communities of many ethnical origins. French is the dominant language, followed by english, italian, chinese, greek, spanish, arabic. The architectural heritage of Montréal and the Old-Montréal is mostly inspired by the colonial, French style. The city actually attracts a lot of Hollywoodian productions who are searching for historical reconstitution. But more modern productions also set up stages here: lots of scenes from the recent X-Men movies (First Class, Days of Future Past and Apocalypse) have been shot here.

Montréal has been build by the working class, so people are hard-workers but awesome party-goers =). There's a shitload of festivals through the whole year but most of them happen during Spring/Summer. There's so much of them that it would take too long to enumerate, but the most famous are: Festival International de Jazz, Osheaga (music and art festival), Heavy MTL (heavy metal), Juste Pour Rire/Just For Laughs (comedians from around the world). There's a LOT of restaurants with cuisine of all kinds. Name it, it exists. Montréal's smoked meat is praised around the world. There's a ton of bars and lots of stripper clubs. The nightlife of Montréal is renowed around the world and the most famous artists and bands drop by on world tours.

Montréal is nicknamed "The city with 1,000 Steeples", since religion (Christianism) was at the base of the birth of the city. You can visit a lot of religious buildings and churches, the most famous being the Montréal Cathedral (Céline Dion got married there and her husband's funeral was hold in the same place). The city is the metropolis of the province, most the of local and international businesses have head-quarters here, but the soul of the city is arts of all kinds and sports. There's a lot of museums, concert halls, theater stages (those were you act), art exhibitions. Montréal is also the home of the Canadiens hockey team, one of the most prestigious team and franchise in sports, and its also a powerful social and historical symbol for the French-Canadians.

Famous people born in Montréal: Leonard Cohen, William Shatner, Georges St-Pierre, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Xavier Dolan, Jean-Marc Vallée (director of Dallas Buyers Club).
Bands/artists from Montréal: Arcade Fire, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Chromeo, Coeur de Pirate, The Dears, Despised Icon, Cryptopsy, Grim Skunk, Men Without Hats, Me Mom & Morgentaler, The Planet Smashers, Simple Plan, Voivod.

Archived