.304 sinking corpses, save reverts, clothing dura

Hatchet

Hey, .304 just reverted a save file to an earlier state on my friend his Xbox, i'm the ony one playing The Long Dark on that system, i lost about 45 days, had ~95, came back after update, had 50.
.304 also still has the issue of dissapearing corpses, however i now have noticed what actually happens (if this is already known, my apologies) the corpses sink through the ice and snow, they even sometimes completely flip over, sometimes they flip back over, it's really weird when it happens, i'm not going to give any examples of when it happened, it is how it is, they sink through the floor on loading times (the sinking is random) or they flip around an axis on loading times (flipping is also random), sometimes only a little piece sticks out of the floor, sometimes you can even barely see it but if you hover your pointer over the floor it will say 'skin'.
As final, i had an issue yesterday with .304 where i slept and lost 11% durability on all worn clothing (and only (worn) clothing) items, i had just completed my wolf skin coat and repaired everything else, when i woke up everything was at 88 or 89% durability.

Also, is it intended for the climbing rope to respawn in the TWM hut?

I'm going to step through this part by part since there are many different bugs here:

Hey, .304 just reverted a save file to an earlier state on my friend his Xbox, i'm the ony one playing The Long Dark on that system, i lost about 45 days, had ~95, came back after update, had 50.

- When did this occur? Did you successfully save prior to the revert, and did you see that save slot? Did you see a cloud sync message or any system warnings before hand? It sounds like the cloud may have had a mismatch and pulled down the an old file before the new one was posted.

.304 also still has the issue of dissapearing corpses, however i now have noticed what actually happens (if this is already known, my apologies) the corpses sink through the ice and snow, they even sometimes completely flip over, sometimes they flip back over, it's really weird when it happens, i'm not going to give any examples of when it happened, it is how it is, they sink through the floor on loading times (the sinking is random) or they flip around an axis on loading times (flipping is also random), 

- Could you provide some more detail on this? We've seen this with wolves, and is not something that has been addressed in the public branch yet (.303 and .304 only included updates to safe guard several lose save files scenarios.) 

As final, i had an issue yesterday with .304 where i slept and lost 11% durability on all worn clothing (and only (worn) clothing) items, i had just completed my wolf skin coat and repaired everything else, when i woke up everything was at 88 or 89% durability.

- No, when did it re-spawn? Before or after your save file reverted? 

• 2 weeks later...

- I play The Long Dark on his Xbox on his account, i bought the game twice, first on his Xbox, then i bought an Xbox myself and purchased the game once more but this time for myself, so it didn't had anything to do with me logging on in on my account on his Xbox, and it still said 95 or 93 days on the loading tab, when i loaded/started the game no error sounds played, no messages of cloud syncing (i know what you mean) or anything popped up, i was in CH when i should have been in PV (cleared CH and DP then went to PV and logged out in the farmstead) when i logged back in a couple of days after that i was back at CH with only 50 days, checked my journal, all my stats were also incorrect (but that's another story lol) for instance (can't remember the exact numbers) but lets say it displayed -562456851 average calories a day, 245455422 km traveled, and so on.
Can't play too long on his Xbox either, i maybe do 3-5 days at once and that's it, so yeah i've seen my save prior to it reverting.
Ofcourse i didn't do all those days in one sitting, i did it in a lot of sessions as i don't have acces to my friend his Xbox 24/7 and only play when i'm there obviously :P
And since the game saves each time you sleep (another glitch i'd like to mention while i'm at it, the game no longer saves when exiting/entering a building, atleast not for me, since the last update, it only saves on resting and injuries, on both accounts, on both xbox'es for both games) it didn't just do the first to last save file revert (does the cloud keep those? What a waste of space and a possibility for errors and reverts) it went back a whole lot of saves to rollback to that specific one.

-Saw a deer, wanted to kill the deer but suddenly a wolf came out of nowhere and started to chase the deer, it killed it, i killed the wolf, wanted to skin the deer first but noticed only his hooves were sticking out of the snow (the deer did not really "sink" it kind of teleported it were "2 frames", running deer -> dead deer upside down with hooves sticking out of the snow), when the wolf killed it it instantly flipped upside down and teleported through the snow and the wolf was chewing the snow), this was a few meters from the dam in ML, went straight into and back out of the dam back to the spot where the deer and wolf were, wolf was totally gone and the deer had flipped around an axis and a his legs were now sticking out of the snow, when i hovered over it i could also select to skin the wolf which i could not see. Important note: didn't skin them, didn't took their flesh, went back in the dam, came back out both corpses gone, no text appeared when i hovered my pointer over the area.
Deer died on part ice (frozen creek) and on part slope (snow) wolf died on slope (snow).
Also happened in CH, i shot a wolf, i followed it and suddenly one frame later wolf cries and *poof* wolf goes up into thin air. (no falling/death animation, it went from limping to being in a different dimension)
When this happens with rabbits (and it happens a lot, you can even test this without having to wait an hour, let a wolf kill a rabbit and within 1-5 kills a rabbit will dissapear, but what it actually does (what i think it does, sorry) is flip around an axis and go below the ground so the player cannot see it anylonger) i have never seen just a part sticking out like with bigger animals, maybe because they're too small.
You don't even need to go trough any loading screens for it to happen, you may even be 5 meters away, it's instant (not always though), animal alive -> animal dissapears on the same moment it dies.

-I don't quite understand what you mean with that last sentence.
It wasn't on the same Xbox, it was on my Xbox on my game on my account, and in 12 (real time) hours of playing it happened 3 times already, exactly 11% durability lost on all worn and only worn clothing.
I made two of each clothing, i wore one piece and had the other piece in my inventory, the worn clothing suffered 11% durability loss overnight (sleeping for 3 or 10 hours didn't change the durability loss) when it happened it was always 11%

One more glitch, or is it really a glitch? Wolf draw distance is about 1.75x shorter than deer draw distance (or was it the other way around, sorry haven't slept in two days -.-)
This goes for all zones tested on latest patch.

By the way i think the save reverting/rollbacks or save losses are not on you guys to blame but on the poorly executed cloud system Microsoft calls revolutionary but it's comparable to a camel dung, i'm 100% positive it's the cloud system screwing everything up, if people could save offline (which they can but it's a hassle and you need to know how) this poo would never happen.
Microsoft lied to everyone who bought an Xbox (and everyone who didn't for that matter) back in E3 2000 and something Microsoft said you would need to be always online for the Xbox to work, then they came back on that satetement after receiving a lot of negative critisism from that standpoint.
But that was a lie, since i have an email (from the Ms support team) stating that you need to be online to enjoy the Xbox.
I've been exchanging e-mails with microsoft for the last couple of months now and they told me it's impossible for the user to choose wether they want to save on the cloud or save offline (poor Microsoft, it is possible you dumbo's, but it's stupid) if you're online you will automatically save on the cloud (it used to be that users could flik a checkbox if they wanted to save offline on their system or online on the cloud, but Microsoft took that out, those silly chicken nuggets).
Now you are forced to save on the cloud, i wonder why, what is MS doing with all that data? Why should i entrust some dumbo's with my save data? It's illogical.
However the cloud does not seem to work 100% and definitly not for games with bigger save files like Fallout 4 (syncing 1 Gig of save data is impossible for the cloud, try it for yourself.. -.-, if you do try it beware that the cloud might corrupt the files and wipe them entirely! (lost 310 hours of playtime thanks to that) Or if you're "lucky" revert to an earlier save...somehow...

Archived