Bar None, the Best Game I've Played This Year!

Mikesla

Hello...

First, I would like to apologize to Hinterland for me being a absolute jerk over the last few days. There was no cause for me behaving in such a way, and I hope you can accept my apology.

I have been playing for the last little while (streaming live), and after my third stint I've come to a decision that Hinterland has created one of the best games I have played this year. I'm no stranger to survival games, and I'm quite capable, but this game is not a game, but should be called a Simulator.

Just a small example here... On my third run of the game I started to pick up what I needed to do in order too survive in this environment (The environment is very unforgiving, and doesn't care if you live or die), and I lacked tinder. I had to make a choice to either stay put huddled in a cabin, or make my way through -20c temperatures, with only raw venison, and a little bit of boiled water to try, and make it to another area which may have tinder so I can get back to full strength.... Oh if you are interested in if I made it or not, I didn't. Fluffy got me.

What I have found so interesting, and incredible is in this Simulator choices do matter. Even making a well thought out choice can either lead to you surviving one more hour, day, or kill you. Choices do matter here, and making the proper choice can be difficult to make until you try. It may seem like a solid, and well thought out choice at the time, but can turn deadly very quickly, as it should be.

This Survival Simulator has captured what is missing in other survival games, and that is "Choice".

This is about the best money I have spent this year, and if some you folks who are thinking that I am making this up then I suggest that you keep watching videos, or get involved in this because it is one of the best games released this year, and that is a very tall order to fill in this day, and age.

At twenty bucks Canadian, it's a steal.

Cheers, and take care, and try to make those right choices.

Glad to see you're having fun!

It's incredible, very big thanks for letting me have this opportunity.

Thing is PVE'ers have been wanting something like this for a very long time, unfortunately no one seemed to care to make it.

Hinterland has a winner here, it's going to be big with the PVE'ers out there believe me. Well you don't need to take my word for it. It feels like I ripped you off somehow for the price I paid.

Cheers, and thanks!

Archived